► HOME SWEET HOME.

► The train that goes to the kingdom

The train that goes to the kingdom.

before we begin, happy holidays !! to everyone who celebrates christmas, i hope you had a wonderful holiday! to everyone who celebrates hanukah, i hope your hanukah was wonderful! and to everyone who celebrates kwanza, i hope you have a lovely kwanza!! and to any other holiday, i hope you had a wonderful holidays. i love you!! (what did u guys get ?)

[ Sage Green,
November 8th ; 2:24 PM ]

I never in my life have run so fast as I did when we drove up to my home.

Everyone in the rental car was tired, however, I was not. I was so fucking excited.

"Slow down!" My mom lectured as I dug my key out of my hoodie pocket and unlocked the door.

When I turned the key and pushed open our front door, I took a big deep breath in. I smelt cheap air fresheners and the smell of plants.

I gasped, "Prince!" I shouted, leaning down to pick up my orange cat that was rubbing against my ankles. "My love, I have missed you more than anything. How are you darling? Are you ready to move?"

As I was stuffing my face in Prince's fur, I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. "Come on, Sage, let's get packed." My mom demanded.

Way to ruin a moment, mom. "Jesus, fine."

I held Prince in my arms as I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I scanned my bedroom and saw a little dent in my comforter that I knew was Prince's nest whilst I was gone.

It looked the same way it did the morning I left. My clothes were scattered all over the floor, and my desk chair and my desk surface had many homeschool papers.

I turned around and watched Michael walk around the corner and meet my eyes. He smiled a little and walked toward me.

"I was looking for you." He said, putting his hands together. "I thought since your mom has had kind of a tough time lately, and so have you, you and I could go shopping tomorrow and buy some cute stuff. Maybe some plant decorations? And maybe you can show me around New Zealand?"

This sparked my interest. "Maybe."

He smiled even brighter and started looking around my room. "Your room is so decorated, I love it."

I let a grin cover my lips, "Thanks. I decorated it throughout my time at my job."

"Very successful sixteen-year-old, I guess." He chuckled.

"We could go out at nine." I changed the subject. "Nine am. We could first go get coffee? And then we could go shopping, and then we could explore my favorite N.Z. spots."

"Wait, really?" He sounded excited. "I would love that. Do you need some help cleaning? Also, your cat is adorable."

"Prince is his name for a reason." I swayed back and forth on my heels, "Sure. I could use some help, I guess."

"Cool." He smiled brightly, "Let me go grab my phone and some boxes from downstairs."

I exhaled as I watched the excited man run down the stairs and I pursed my lips. He wasn't so bad.