► MY POOR GIRL.

► You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me

You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me.

[ Sage Green,
November 10th, 1:01 AM ]

Sometimes, my mom leaves after a fight.

She'll leave, but then in an hour she'll come back home.

But for some reason, the universe felt off. My world felt as though it had changed more than it had before. I looked over at Michael, who was biting his lip.

[ Michael Clifford ]

After Sage went upstairs, I had her sit in the living room to watch Frozen 2 and took the guys into my bedroom to talk.

"She hit me," I said. "On the cheek."

Ashton leaned in to examine my bruised cheek and furrowed his eyebrows. "Fuck."

I waved him off. "It's nothing but, Bella is leaving." I felt tears in my eyes. "She texted me every single bit of information for Sage she could gather and planned to contact her lawyer for the adoption of Sage. She sent me every dime of Sage's college fund."

Calum swallowed. "How are you going to tell Sage?"

I put my head in my hands and shook it. "I don't know."

"How are you doing, Michael?" Ashton asked and put his hand on my shoulder. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Sage is more important than my feelings."

They all nodded and shuffled out of my bedroom. We all walked down the stairs to where Sage was sitting. Her knees were up to her chest, her chin rested on her knees and her eyes fixated on Olaf.

"Hey," I softly hummed and sat next to her.

"Hey Michae."

Before I could begin my speech, her eyes darted to my cheek and her knees left her chest.

"She hit you?"

I didn't plan for her to see that. I quickly covered my cheek with my hand and sighed. I wasn't going to lie to her. "Yes."

"I'm so sorry," She apologized profusely like she'd been the one to hit me herself. I frowned.

"It is not your fault." I shook my head. She opened her arms which confused me but I pulled her in for a hug.

"Sage," I whispered a second later. "We need to speak."

"Okay . . ."

"I don't know how to tell you this, Sage." I swallowed my saliva. "But your mom left."

"Yeah." She shrugged. "But she'll be back, right?"

I sucked in through my teeth and shook my head. "I don't . . . I don't think so, pretty girl. I don't know if your mom is coming back."

She rushed out of my embrace and stood up. "Are you kidding me?" She cried through tears. "There is no way that the last person I thought would leave me, left. Everyone has left. Am I really that bad?"

She fell onto her knees and I didn't speak. I got down on the floor and pulled her into a hug. I sat down with the sobbing teenager in my lap, rocking her back and forth.

I looked up at Luke who was staring at the situation. We all just got landed with a teenager and no one knew what to do.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.