surf and shop shop.

Sage was, and always would be, a very closed off person. 

She didn't have many friends, she hardly let anyone in on her spam Instagram, and worked in a small shop near the coast of her town. 

Sage didn't mind it — she enjoyed the quiet life.

She enjoyed having privacy and not wanting to show the entire world her life. She lived for her privacy. 

She'd always be closed off and she knew that. 

Bella, however, grew tired of her daughter being at home 24/7 and forced her to get a job the second she turned 16. Which resulted in her today job, a local surf and tourist shop on the coast. 

"Babe!" 

Sage looked up from her phone, where she'd been scrolling through pinterest. She raised her eyebrow at her manager, a girl who had rose gold hair in two pigtails. She smiled. "Yeah?"

"Can you refill the sex wax station?" Riley asked sweetly. "I would do it myself," Riley leaned in. "But someones complaining at the front desk and Virginia asked for help."

Sage didn't respond in vocal words. Instead, she hopped off the chair and sent Riley a loving wink before heading over to the surf wax station. 

She grabbed the box from next to the station filled to the brim with sex wax and began refilling the shelves. 

"Hello, Ingrid!" 

Sage jumped at the sudden voice, turning so fast around to see her co-worker, Tyler Hanson. She exhaled sharply. "Jesus Christ, Tyler. Give a girl a warning, please?" 

"Why would I do that?" He asked teasingly, adjusting his name tag before glancing at her up and down. "Isn't this Riley's job?" 

"She's helping Virginia up at front." Sage answered, continuing to fill up the shelves. Once she was done, she turned around and handed Tyler the cardboard box. "Throw this away." 

Tyler laughed, took the box and made his way to the back room. Sage sighed deeply, walking to the other aisle to spent the rest of her shift organizing the absolute mess of bracelets people made. 

Once 5 pm on the dot hit, she walked toward the front and took off her nametag. "Shift's over. Bye, Riley and Virginia!" 

Sage grabbed her backpack, shoving the nametag into the front pocket before walking toward the entrance of the shop. Tyler came up next to her fast. 

"Leaving so soon?" Tyler hummed.

"End of my shift," Sage said, yawning. "What about you? When is your shift over?" 

"10." Tyler grumbled. "I close tonight. You're lucky."

"Oh that's awful," Sage mumbled, patting Tyler on the shoulder. "I'm sorry, Ty. I would stay and chat but I have Derry Girls and my cat at home waiting for me."

She blew him a kiss, causing a laugh from Tyler and exited the shop.