► MICHAEL CLIFFORD TO THE RESCUE

► Spider-man's control, batman and his fists

Spider-man's control, batman and his fists.

[ Sage Green,
The Beach. ]

"I'm nearly there," Riley assured me.

I bit my lip, holding in my tears. "Thank you."

"Of course. Tyler's GPS says we're about two minutes away, hang on tight my love." Riley hummed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said through the phone, looking around anxiously. "As okay as I could be."

Here I sat. On the beach, cold. With a dying phone, no jacket, and a broken heart. I was just sad and tired.

After my mom and I's fight ended, I pushed past everyone and ran out of the front door. I was sure I made my mom cry.

My heart was definitely pounding while I shouted and cried at my mom but I don't regret what I said. She needed to be humbled.

Riley and Tyler should be here soon, which meant I would be here much longer.

My phone notification sounds and I look down. I see that Tyler had texted me and said that they were here.

I ran up to the parking lot and got into Tyler's car carefully. Tears crusted on my cheeks as I made eye contact with Riley.

"I'm so sorry, Sage." She softly said, moving into the backseat and giving me the biggest hug. I wanted to cry in her embrace, but I chose to hold back.

I sighed. "It's . . . It's fine. I don't want to go home. Can I go to one of your guys' houses?"

"Of course."

[]

[ Michael Clifford,
The Green Residence. ]

"Ungrateful fucking brat," Bella shouted as she throws her clothes into a bag next to her already packed one. "I give her everything she's ever wanted and this is how I get repaid? Fucking ridiculous."

"Bella, it wasn't all of her fault—"

I didn't actually think it was Sage's fault at all. In fact, I completely sided with her. However, I don't want Bella making crazy accusations.

Before I could finish my sentence, I received a hard sting on my cheek. I widened my eyes and held my cheek when I realized.

"Bella, what the fuck!" I cried, holding my cheek.

"You and Sage can fucking live your life happily if that's what you want." She sternly says, putting her bag over her shoulder and walking past me. "But she is not the angel you think she is."

"Where are you gonna go?" I asked. "We don't even know where she is, or if she's okay. She's your daughter for fucks sake."

"Well, Michael, if you care so much then why don't you just adopt her? Why don't you just become her guardian?" She shouts, causing me to stop in my tracks. "I can even send you everything. See what I have to go through every day. Be in my shoes."

I laugh dryly. "You can't be serious."

"You heard me." She huffs her chest. "I'm done. I'm over it. You can have her."

She runs down the stairs fast. I see the other three guys guarding the door the second Bella said she was leaving.

"Come on, Bella—" I said, "You are being completely ridiculous!"

"I pay for everything in this goddamn house. I put food on her plate, a roof over her head but what does she do? She tells me I'm pathetic but runs from her problems." She chuckles. "Everyone loved us. We were a perfect family until my husband cheated on me."

I stayed silent.

"But not everyone is supposed to be perfect."

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Isabella? Your daughter is sixteen years old. She cannot be alone with four guys she hardly knows! What am I supposed to tell her? Her mom abandoned her just like her dad did?"

"Well," She shrugged, turning to face me. "She went through it once, she can go through it again."

How can someone just say these things? If I had a daughter— No, if Sage was my child and I loved her, I wouldn't even dream of saying these things. How could she?

"Your daughter is sixteen," I repeated, "You are her mother. Her dependence. What am I supposed to tell her?"

"Trust me, Michael, you'll figure it out."

And with that, she slammed the front door shut and I was left alone with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart.

[ Sage Green. ]

Tyler played with my hair gently as I explained the fight. I explained what I thought was going to happen after, and how I would react.

"Where are you even gonna go?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, "Everyone in my family has either ended up homeless or alone. Maybe I'm just destined."

"You're not destined to be alone, Sage." Tyler laughed softly. "You have us."

I shrugged, "Yeah."

"So, I called Michael," Riley said, walking into her room. "He said he would be over soon."

I had Riley call Michael from my phone for me. I couldn't talk to him, I was embarrassed by all the things I said and the fact that he was standing right there.

"Thank you, Ry." I hummed, taking my phone from her. "How soon?"

"Soon as in he was getting into his car the second I told him that you were here. I assume he's not that far away." Riley told me, crawling into bed next to me.

So, we just decided to sit in silence and enjoy each other's company. Tyler played with my hair, and I braided Rileys gently as she held onto my thigh comfortably.

After a couple of minutes, the doorbell rang and I knew it was Michael.

We all got up and walked down the stairs, seeing Riley's mom opening the front door. I hugged Riley and Tyler in a group hug before approaching.

Riley's mom smiled. "You must be Michael! I'm Michelle, Riley's mom. It's nice to meet you. She's fed, and had dinner."

"Thank you so much." He says as I slowly come closer to him and into his side. "Truly."

"Anytime! Whenever you need someone, I'm here." Michelle smiles. "I'll see you as soon as possible, Sage. I love you."

"I love you as well."

Michael may well be the only one I've got now.