► BACK HOME, FOR A LITTLE.

► I wish you knew that I'd never forget you as like as I'd live

I wish you knew that I'd never forget you as like as I'd live.

[ Sage Green,
November 7th ; 4:55 AM ]

I wanted to cry.

"Sage, seriously, come on." My mom demanded. "You need to get up. I don't care if you don't want to move. This isn't your choice."

I pulled a blanket over my head, "Go away."

Today was the day we fly back to New Zealand to pick up our things, pay for them to be shipped to Michael's house, and then officially leave my safe space.

Just my luck.

Truthfully, my heart skips at the thought of me and my mom leaving New Zealand. I had so much hope there, it's where I planned to be for the rest of my life.

I also would miss Tyler and Riley.

"Okay, Sage, you seriously need to get the fuck up." My mom said, anger lacing her voice as she pulled the blanket off of my head and got up off my bed.

"Fucking fine, mom." I sat up. "Are you happy?"

She only smirked and turned, leaving the guest room.

"Fuck you." I mumbled before I started getting ready.

[]

I sipped on my Chai Tea slowly and kept my eyes on my MacBook and also attempting to get as comfortable as I could on the airport chair. I wanted to stay as isolated as I could because I still was not happy.

"Sage likes plants so our house is covered in plants. Head to toe." My mom laughed.

"Yeah?" Michael smiled, turning to me. "You like plants?"

"Yep," I said, not looking back at him

I saw my mom's mouth "stop" to me, but I just looked away from her. I was angry at her. She's making me move away from my friends, and my home, and never even let me have a choice. So no, I won't stop.

"I will get to say goodbye to my friends, right?" I asked, grumpily.

"Yeah, I suppose." My mom shrugged nonchalantly.

I looked back at my MacBook as they continued talking about moving arrangements. Outerbanks played on my screen, and the audio played through my AirPods.

I wasn't happy about moving. However, I was kind of excited to have other people in the house that isn't just me and my mom.

But that is not me admitting to wanting to move.

"Ooo! We have more people to do the watermelon-birthday blow-up with!" Michael exclaimed. "We put rubberbands on a watermelon until it blows up and obviously, we eat the watermelon."

"Do you do this on every special occasion?"

"Within reason, yes."

"Who's birthday is next?" Luke asked,

"Michael's is in a couple weeks." My mom said, "And then Sage has hers on December twelfth."

"Really?" Calum hummed, "How old are you gonna be?"

"Seventeen." I mumbled, keeping my eyes on my screen. "Not excited."

"What! Why?" My mom asked, confused.

"It means I'm one step closer to having to live alone." I grumbled, "It would've been better to live alone in New Zealand, but now I have to live alone in Los Angeles in a town I don't know."

"Maybe you'll find out it's a lot better?" My mom said, sounding hopeful.

"I highly doubt it." I rolled my eyes, causing my mom to go silent and just turn back to the group of guys.