► BATTLE.

► I know it won't work like that, huh?

( Sage Green,

February 5th. )

I laid on the couch as I was home alone. It was pouring down outside, and I had been trying to remember something I felt I forgot.

Like it was something I was supposed to do today.

I brushed it off nonetheless and kept my legs stretched out across the couch with thunder rumbling. Stranger Things played in the background and I was slowly sipping on my redbull Ashton advised me not to drink.

I hadn't noticed the ringing of the doorbell until I heard the front door open and tons of groans.

I grabbed the remote immediately and darted my eyes toward the mud room. I heard whispers and slowly got up and hesitantly inched toward the front door.

I heard a ton of grumbles and swear words. When I saw the shadow coming closer from the room, I jumped from the corner.

I hit whatever was in front of me and heard a loud sound. "OUCH!"

"Who are you?!" I shouted before examining who was in front of me. "NOAH?"

"That was badass." Audrey laughed.

"You're telling me." Lorelai laughed.

"That fucking heard, Sage, why'd you hit me?" Noah whined.

"You broke in!" I shouted.

"No we didn't." Cliff shook his head. "Door was unlocked."

"Why are you all here? You scared the shit out of me. You can't walk in unannounced!" I protested.

"One," Jonah walked up to me and brushed the hair from my face in a fatherly way. "We rang the doorbell and knocked multiple times. You were just busy doing something."

"I was watching a show," I said, looking down at Noah who was holding his forehead. "Sorry, Noah. I thought you were gonna kill me."

"Good to know." He grumbled.

"Anyway, why are you even here?" I asked. "You didn't text."

Marley came up to me and frowned. "You told me you'd come over and you weren't answering your phone so I thought you died."

Noah giggled, "He was like 'she's dead! We have to go over there! Oh my gosh,' It was hilarious." He got up and messed up my hair, "Glad you're safe tho, kiddo."

"Thanks?" I carried on. "Well, now you know I'm alive. Wanna come sit on the couch?"

"Yes." Cliff pushed through the group, grabbed Jonah's hand and mine and dragged us to the couch.

The next hour was us watching the rest of Season 2 of Stranger Things. It was filled with arguments, cuddling, and bickering amongst all of us. By 7 pm, everyone beside Marley had left.

I had my head on his shoulder comfortably.

"I should be going home, dear." He hummed. "It's late."

I nodded and got my head up. "I'll walk you to your house."

He chuckled. "No you won't. It's pouring outside, I don't want you catching a cold because of me."

I rolled my eyes. "I won't. Please let me walk you."

"Fine, fine. Only because you said please, darling. Get your shoes on."

We walked over to the front door and I put my shoes on and hoodie before walking hand-in-hand to Marley's house quickly.

When we arrived at his front door, I can't say I wasn't upset he was leaving.

"This is me." He chuckled.

I smiled up at him even though water was falling into my eyes. "See you around, Marley."

"See you, Sage."

I turned around on my heels and began to walk down the hill and to my house in the pouring rain. However, when I was almost in my driveway, I felt someone grab my waist and spin me around.

I was surprised when I saw Marley in front of me.

His now dark brown hair stuck to his forehead, his dimples were visible with his smile, his eyes were sparkling and looking all over my face. One hand on my waist, and one pushing the hair from my face beside.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked.

He blushed softly and rubbed his thumb on my cheek. "I forgot something."

I knew where this was going. "Y-You did?"

"Yeah . . ." He bit his lip.

"You better get it then..."

Within one moment, both of his hands were planted on either side of my face and his thumb rubbed my cheek as well. His soft, pink lips were on mine as soft as could be.

And I wasn't exactly hating it.

( )

And that's the end of Battle.

So Marley and Sage get married LOL. Jonah and Cliff get married. Michael is Sage's forever guardian and she lives with him until she's 19. Luke and Sierra get married.

It's a wonderful story.

I hope you enjoyed this end!