► A LONG FLIGHT.

► I bet you either think I moved on or hate you

[ Sage Green,
November 4th ; 6:25 PM ]

I handed the cab driver money silently and got out of the car. I exhaled and grabbed my bags from the trunk, lifted them out, and waved as he drove away. I looked at the airport in front of me and took a deep breathe.

I left my dad's house as fast as I possibly could and paid for a cab driver to drive me to the airport.

Unfortunately, I had a while until my flight boarded so I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was only six thirty, so I had about five hours until my flight got here.

I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and made my way into the airport, scanning the large room for a help desk. I spotted one and made my way there.

"Hi honey," the front desk lady smiled. "How can I help you?"

"Hi, um." I looked up the flight schedules, "I was just wondering where I print out a ticket and where to go for security?"

"Let me see what I can do. Do you have your plane ticket confirmation on your device or proof you are who you say you are, I can look up the plane ticket information."

"I don't have the ticket yet, but—" I paused to take my wallet out of my pocket and slid my ID out of the pocket, handing it to the lady. "—I have my ID."

"Thank you." she thanked me and took my ID from me and looked up the information. She typed a couple of things onto the computer, biting her lip. "Okay, so Sage Green? And you're going to Los Angeles, California?"

"Yeah, that's me," I nodded.

"Perfect! So I'm going to print out your ticket here and have someone lead you toward security and bag check so you're not alone. Does that sound okay?" she hummed, hitting a button and a machine spit out my ticket.

"That sounds perfect, thank you so much." I thanked her, taking the ticket from her. She gave me a warm smile and went to talk to someone so that I could be led to wherever I needed to go.

I hate airports.

"Oh, I see. Come with me honey, I'll show you where to go." a young-looking girl walked over to me and exited the desk, and came up beside me. "Let me help you with these bags."

She took the big suitcase from me and we started walking to security. I was very grateful for this help because I probably would've had a full panic attack without help.

"Here you are," she stopped walking when we showed up in front of a big line. "I'm going to get you to the front so you can get food and maybe take a nap. I noticed your flight isn't for a long time,"

For the next ten minutes, we got everything checked. I went through security and got everything safely checked. By now, we were passed security and in the main area.

"You've been a giant help, thank you so much." I thanked her with a large smile.

"Anytime. I hope you have a safe flight and trip home." she smiled at me, waved, and started walking away.

I watched as she turned a corner. I bit my lip, knowing I was alone now, and I probably should find somewhere to sit or something to drink.

[ Sage Green,
November 10th ; 8:27 PM ]

I held my hot Starbucks cup in my hand as my computer sat on my lap, blinking as my mind was trying to fall asleep. My flight was delayed an hour, so now I just had to wait.

I was silently watching Stranger Things season two, in my opinion, the worst season, but I had nothing better to do.

[ Sage Green,
November 10th ; 9:56 PM ]

It was now almost ten. I had been playing Minecraft on my computer for a couple of hours now to keep me distracted, but it seemed like it had been forever. I was exhausted.

All I wanted was to be home in New Zealand, away from my mom's stupid boyfriend, and in my comfortable bed with my cat, Prince.

But I knew I wasn't going to be home for a while, so all I could do was wish.

[ Michael Clifford,
November 11th ; 2:03 AM ]

I was exhausted, but Bella insisted on staying awake.

She tapped away on her computer as my head lay in her lap, myself trying to stay awake. She was silently commenting on the things she had found, and we silently laughed at the other things she'd found funny.

Her fingers laced into my hair, causing me to close my eyes. I whispered, "what're you up to?"

"Just ordering things for Christmas," she softly said, looking down at my face.

After twenty minutes, I realized I had slightly fallen asleep. I got up slowly, knowing I had to sleep because if I didn't, it would fuck up my sleep schedule.

I gently grabbed her computer from her lap, causing her to look at me confused, and looked even more confused when I picked her up. "What are you doing—"

"You're falling asleep and your head is falling all over. It's bedtime, my love." I kissed her forehead softly, carrying her bridal style up the hallway.

Once we entered my bedroom, I laid her down on her designated side of the bed and she smiled up at me.

"What's goin' on in your head?" she whispered, cupping my cheeks gently and making me frown.

"You're leaving soon," I frowned.

I knew that I shouldn't be so selfish to not want to go home because her daughter already made it clear she didn't like being here and wanted nothing but to go home, but I had waited so long just to hug her. I wanted her here with me, not in New Zealand.

I crawled up next to her and pulled her into my embrace, and she whispered— "I don't want to go home."

I swallowed, knowing what I was going to say next.

"Then don't go home."