► DROPPED MAIL AND BOY NEXT DOOR.

► Girl, you know you're lost

( Sage Green,
January 20th. )

Christmas and my birthday had gone and passed by now. I was now 17, and was slowly beginning to drive and apply to jobs officially.

"Put me down, Luke!" Sierra shouted as Luke ran downstairs with Sierra over his shoulder. I cracked a smile as the couple ran around the house.

"Angel?"

I looked up at Ashton who was peeking around the fridge.

"Yeah?" I softly responded.

"Do you think you could go get the mail for me? I forgot this morning and I have a letter from my sister in the mail," He smiled.

I happily obliged and put on shoes with my very attractive outfit. AKA a t-shirt from my closet and velvety shorts that always gave me a wedgie.

I unlocked the mail and slowly got the mail out, but then I heard a voice.

"I've got it mom, don't worry."

I turned around slightly to see a teenage boy next door who was getting out of the car. Before I could dart my vision away, he caught my eye.

My cheeks flushed and I quickly turned around and began to grab the rest of the letters from the box, dropping a lot of them.

As I went to pick them up, I felt another hand on top of mine. "Careful,"

My cheeks flushed immediately. "Sorry," I whispered.

"Don't worry, I've got an extra hand." He smiled at me and handed me the dropped letters. Our hands brushed and I nearly giggled. "I'm Marley."

Marley? A unique name. I thought. "I'm Sage." I responded.

"It's nice to meet you, Sage." He got up with me and extended his hand for me to shake. "I'm assuming you live here?"

I shook his hand. "I do, yeah."

"I live here," He pointed to his house and smiled.

Oh my god, he has dimples. "You have a lovely home." I nodded. "I should be—"

"Do you go to Stoneridge High?" He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"N-No," I shook my head and scratched the back of my neck. "I'm homeschooled. Kind of. It's sort of confusing, you know?"

"Sure," He laughed. "Well I should be going inside now. My mom will be wanting our mail too."

"No, yeah. My dad will be needing our mail too." I slowly began to back up the small hill. "See you later, Marley."

"You too, Sage."

I practically ran inside after he went around the corner of the fence and went into the kitchen. Ashton peeked his head from the pantry and knitted his eyebrows together. "You're out of breath?"

"Sorry it took me so long," I dropped the mail on the counter. "Had an encounter."

"With?"

"A boy next door." I shrugged. Suddenly, Luke appeared with a stern look like magic.

"A boy?!" He shouted. "Tell me everything!"

"It was nothing!" I claimed, shaking my head and beginning into the living room. "He was just... helping me gather the mail after I dropped it."

"Oh?" Luke smirked. "Is that all? Is our girl gaining a crush?!"

"I just met him!" I defended, slumping down on the couch and turning on the TV. "Now leave me be."

"I'll be reiterating this at your wedding, Sage!"