► I DONT MIND YOU.

► There will come a ruler, whose brow is laid in thorn

There will come a ruler, whose brow is laid in thorn. Smeared with oil like David's boy. Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord. 

[ Sage Green,
Michaels Arms. ]

I was immensely grateful for Michael.

For him to be holding me by his side right now as we walked to his car down the street instead of letting me down by not caring what happened to me, meant a lot.

He didn't say a word, which I completely understood. I wouldn't say a word if I saw a fight like that. However, something did seemed off.

He seemed more upset than he should be.

He was sort of acting like the fight didn't even happen, and he wanted to tell me something else.

As we approached his car, he turned to me and put his hands on my shoulder. "Are you ready to go home, honey?"

Normally, I would flip out and tell him to fuck himself for calling me honey, but he's the only one I have right now.

I swallowed and nodded. I got into his car and my hands became sweaty at the thought of my mom being home and having to look her straight in the eyes.

"Hey." Michael softly said, buckling himself up. "I know you don't like me very much, and I don't expect you to say it back. But I love you. And I am going to be here for you for the rest of your life."

I suspiciously looked over at him. And I said it back. "I don't mind you as much as I say I do." I said 'I love you' in my way.

He smiled. I swear I saw tears in his eyes.

He pulled into a McDonalds ten minutes later after we sat in silence. He pulled into the driveway and before I could speak up, he said.

"I think we need food. And to talk."

[ Michael Clifford ]

As she ate her food, my heart was racing.

I had to be the one to give the news of her mom being gone for who knows how long when we got back to her house.

How was I supposed to tell a girl, who had stated that she hated me for weeks now, that I was probably the only one she had right now.

We both stayed silent as we drove to her home. She ate her food and I tightened my hands on the steering wheel.

I watched as her eyes squinted and her eyebrows furrowed when I drove into the driveway.

Her moms car wasn't there.

Sage already didn't like me and I was about to make the situation a whole lot worse. I got out of the car, went to her side of the car and opened the door for her. She didn't get out and I swallowed.

"Remember what I said, I'm right here."