Calum's Birth (January 2018)

Harry: 23Camryn: 23Camryn's bump: 38 weeks, 5 days

Harry: 23
Camryn: 23
Camryn's bump: 38 weeks, 5 days

Harry: 23Camryn: 23Camryn's bump: 38 weeks, 5 days

Darcy: 6
Lennon: 4
Auggie: 3
Bowie: 23 months

She needed to last one more day. That's all she needed. One. More. Day.

He had refused to go at first. He had made a promise to himself on that day almost 7 years ago now in that car with Paul rushing on the highway to try to make it to Darcy's birth. He'd promised himself he would never go anywhere in the last month of Camryn's pregnancy's. And he'd stayed true to that promise. That is until this pregnancy.

It was a last minute kind of thing. A charity raising awareness for childhood cancer asked him to perform at their event. He'd originally politely declined and explained that Camryn would be due anytime, that is until Camryn heard about it.

"You said no?!"

"Well of course I did! Cam, that's two weeks away from your due date!"

"You're going. You're performing. That's important."

"Cam-"

"Haven't you learned by the fifth time not to argue with a pregnant woman?"

So that was that. He was going.

And go he did, but not very willingly. Camryn practically had to push him out of the house yesterday when he left. The plan was to get there yesterday, perform tonight and then come home tomorrow morning. A quick trip.

Camryn had reassured him and often reminded him that at her most recent midwife appointment she wasn't even dilated. This little baby seemed very content where he was.

Harry had still insisted that Anne stay with Camryn and the kids while he was gone, which Camryn had been happy to agree to. Taking care of 4 kids while 38 weeks pregnant was not an easy feat.

But here she was, laying on her back on their bed with her hands on either side of her stomach at 5 in the morning, trying to breathe through consistent pains and convince herself that they're just Braxton Hicks. Except she knows they're not. She's done this 4 times before.