I'll Be Your Protector (February 2021)

Harry: 27Camryn: 26 Darcy: 9 Lennon: 7 1/2 Auggie: 6 1/2 Bowie: 5 Calum: 3 Bindi: 11 months

Harry: 27
Camryn: 26
Darcy: 9
Lennon: 7 1/2
Auggie: 6 1/2
Bowie: 5
Calum: 3
Bindi: 11 months

"You talk weird."

Auggie pretends like he doesn't hear the boy, just like he always does. He never pays much attention to the mean comments and looks he gets at school. He's used to them and he much more prefers to just stay quiet, mind his own business and be alone and read to himself.

"W-w-why d-d-do y-you t-talk l-l-l-like t-t-that?"The little boy mocks, walking closer to Auggie and gaining a few followers. He's older than Auggie and much larger. Auggie inherited the same genes that Darcy did and not the ones that Lennon did which means that he's a bit small for his age, especially height wise. Auggie has seen the boy on the playground, but he's never talked to him before. He thinks the boy is a year above Darcy, but he's not sure.

Auggie stays quiet, and hugs his book tighter to his chest, turning his back and beginning to walk towards the school library, desperately trying to find a place to hide.

The boys follow after him and the leader of the group grabs Auggie's shoulder and forces him to turn around and face them. "Don't run away." He pushes Auggie slightly so that he stumbles backwards a bit.

"P-p-p-please s-s-s-s-stop,"Auggie whispers, his stutter becoming even more noticeable because of his emotions. He can feel the tears crawling up his throat and threatening to spill from his eyes.

"P-p-p-please s-s-s-s-stop?"the boy mocks with a cunning smirk, putting both of his hands on Auggie's chest and pushing him down to the ground.

"Darcy,"Hayley asks, sitting across from Darcy at the table that they're eating their lunches at. "Isn't that Auggie?" She points towards the blacktop across the campus. Darcy turns her shoulder and can just barely make out her little brother's figure as she squints her eyes, but she'd know him anywhere. And sure enough it's him.

"Auggie!"she exclaims, watching in horror as the older boy shoves Auggie to the ground and begins to climb on top of him. She darts off towards the black top and sprints across it with her little lungs heaving as she approaches them. She's never run faster.

"GET OFF OF HIM!"Darcy screams, running over to the boy who is now straddling Auggie's hips and raising his fist to aim at his eye. She pushes the boy off of her little brother and immediately places herself in front of Auggie to shield him. "Get away! GO!"

"Your brother's a freak!"the boy yells at Darcy, picking himself up from the ground that she pushed him onto and brushing off some of the dirt on his pants. "And so are you!" He reaches forward to try and push Darcy away from Auggie so that he has full access to him again, but Darcy is quicker than him and pulls back her fist, punching the boy in the stomach.

The boy bends over, his arms going across his stomach as he groans in response to the impact of Darcy's fist.

"Leave him alone!"Darcy yells again, continuing to shield Auggie's body which is trembling with sobs in response to the fight that he's watching take place.