Matilda- Harry's House (August 2021)

^^^ofc listen to "Matilda" during this chapter :)

Harry: 27Camryn: 27Darcy: 10Lennon: 8 Auggie: 7Bowie: 5Calum: 3Bindi: 1 (16 months)

Harry: 27
Camryn: 27
Darcy: 10
Lennon: 8
Auggie: 7
Bowie: 5
Calum: 3
Bindi: 1 (16 months)

Right after the album came out I got SOOOO many messages saying that the first thing people thought of when listening to "Matilda" was Camryn, so of course I had to make a chapter about it!!!! Thank you SO much for everyone who requested this chapter (there were too many to tag) but you guys are the best!! thank you for always thinking about this little family, it means the world to me <333333

"Hey, sorry I'm late, it's been a day,"Harry huffs with a little exaggerated sigh, widening his eyes as he walks into the studio to find Mitch and Kid Harpoon waiting for him on little stools, talking amongst themselves.

"It's all good, is everything okay?"Tom, Kid Harpoon asks, tapping a pen agains the table to a beat that's playing in his head.

"Yeah, just family stuff, it's fine,"Harry sighs, waving his hand nonchalantly as he tries to shake off the hell of a morning and night that he just had.

Camryn doesn't often still have nightmares and panic attacks about her upbringing, but it's something she will never be completely free from, so there are some days where the trauma and fear hits her harder than others. And today was one of those days.

It started around two in the morning with Harry being awoken to a shout from Camryn that brought them both out of their sleep. She was trembling and had broken out into a cold sweat, her eyes crazed with tears rolling down her cheeks.

If there's one thing that breaks Harry's heart, it's to see Camryn afraid. It doesn't happen much anymore, she's pretty much only afraid now if there's something wrong with one of the kids, but during the first two and a half years of their relationship, fearful Camryn was all he knew.

He quickly scooted closer to her on the bed, taking her trembling body into his arms and hugging her tight as he quietly shushed her, running his fingers through her hair as she sobbed into his chest, trying to scoot close enough to him that their bodies would become one as it's the only way she would truly feel safe.

It took her a while, but eventually she found the strength and peace of mind to explain to him that she had indeed had a nightmare about her mum and deceased stepdad, as Harry had assumed. She explained the dream to him, tearfully admitting how real it felt, and Harry nodded understandingly, cooing at her softly and assuring her that although he knows how real it felt, it's not real. She's safe. She hasn't seen her mother in almost ten years.

It took a while for Camryn to calm down, and an even longer time for her to finally drift back to sleep. It took a few rounds of him singing softly to her and pressing gentle kisses to the top of her head to finally get her breathing to calm a bit and her tears to cease.

He wishes he could forget the way her body trembled against his in absolute fear. It breaks him every time he has to see her like that, but all he could think about was how much he was dreading the next morning because she's always shaken up for about 24 hours after one of her night terrors.