Stood Up on Valentine's Day (February 2025)

Harry: 31
Camryn: 30
Darcy: 14
Lennon: 11
Auggie: 10
Bowie: 9
Morgan: 8
Calum: 7
Bindi: 4

February 13

"Are you going with Blake tomorrow night?"Darcy asks as her and Hailey walk down the school hall, textbooks in their arms as their arms brush against each other, preferring to bump into each other than any of the other kids in the hall.

"Yeah, we're going to dinner I think,"Hailey confirms, squeaking and stepping nearer to Darcy as two kids chase each other down the hall, almost bumping into her. "We can hang out after if you want."

"No, it's okay, just have fun with Blake, it's Valentine's Day, you should spend it with your boyfriend,"Darcy shakes her head, reaching up to tuck a strand of her curly brown hair behind her ear. "But I get you all weekend, okay?"

"Yes ma'am,"Hailey agrees with a little giggle, bumping her shoulder into Darcy's playfully as she pretends to salute in Darcy's direction. "Do you have any plans? Have you talked to Ryan more?"Hailey questions, looking over at Darcy slyly as she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, making Darcy break out into a blushed giggle.

"No, stop, you're talking so loud,"Darcy shyly giggles, motioning with her hand for Hailey to quiet down. "We're just friends."

"Uh huh,"Hailey rolls her eyes, raising a blonde eyebrow at Darcy. "Just friends that flirt all the time during English."

"Do not,"Darcy pouts dramatically, narrowing her eyes at Hailey who giggles and nods.

"Yes you do,"Hailey insists, motioning her head towards the door that they're approaching. "Keep it up so that I won't feel so bad for leaving you on Valentine's."

"Shut up,"Darcy groans, rolling her eyes in Hailey's direction before she reaches her hand out to grab for the door handle of their English class.

"Wait, D,"Hailey catches Darcy by the arm, stopping her in her tracks as she turns Darcy around to face her again.

"Yeah?"Darcy asks a bit confusedly with her brows pinched together as Hailey lets go of her wrist and instead raises her hand up towards Darcy's head.

She grabs one of Darcy's brown curls that was falling in front of her face and masking her left green eye, tucking it behind her ear so that her eyes could show through with a proud smile to herself, "beautiful, now go flirt."

*

"Hey,"Ryan greets as he walks into the classroom, his English textbook in his arms along with his spiral and pencil case, all hugged against his chest as he walks towards Darcy.

"Hey,"Darcy greets with a smile, mentally checking herself to make sure that it's not too big of a smile as she nervously tucks a strand of hair behind her ear that fell when she was writing down her homework in her agenda booklet. "You did really good last night."

"Yeah? Thanks,"Ryan grins, sitting at his desk in front of Darcy before turning sideways in his seat so that he can continue to talk to her, one arm resting on the back of his chair, almost touching Darcy's desk. "And thanks for coming."

"Sure, it was fun,"Darcy grins with a little nod, keeping her pencil in her hand so that she won't subconsciously nervously fiddle with her fingers. "My brother loved it."

"Oh you brought him?"Ryan asks with a kind smile, his dark brown eyes looking over at Darcy whose pencil is tapping up and down on her spiral notebook nervously, but she's yet to comprehend that yet.

"Yeah, I did, he plays football too so I thought he'd like it,"Darcy explains, feeling Hailey, who sits in the row on Darcy's left in the desk right across from Darcy, looking at her out of the corner of her eye to eavesdrop on the conversation.