Poolside

Lounging around by the sunny pool, the families enjoyed some down time after their journey. Max drifted lazily around the pool on an old blow up lilo they had found, trying to tan his already burning skin.

James reclined happily on a sun lounger, sipping from a light blue flask that perfectly matched his trunks. The parents had decided to walk around the nearby town in search of a shop, hoping to pick up snacks so they wouldn't have to go out for dinner that evening.

The sun sat high in the late afternoon sky, reflecting specks of orange onto the nearby sea. Daisy clambered out of the pool and lay with only her feet in the silky water. This idyllic experience, however, was quickly ruined by Max, who paddled towards the unsuspecting Daisy as quickly as possible, ready to spray water down her now dry body.

"Max!" Daisy screeched, as a spray of cool water doused her pale body. Hysterical laughter rang from the opposite end of the pool, as Luke watched the whole ordeal unfold.

"What?" Max said innocently, now lying on his stomach on the pink float, both hands raised in surrender.

Suddenly, more water droplets flew violently, as Jake decided it was time to cannon ball as far as possible in the deep end. Only a high pitched yell was heard before a huge splash erupted, creating a damage zone that reached all the way to James who was still sitting reading under a parasol.

"Now you've fucking done it, my book! My book Jake!" James yelled, throwing a strop as he examined the wet pages clinging to each other.

"I swear to fuck Jake." He continued, reaching to pick up the chair beneath him, and threatening to throw it.

"Woah," Luke piped up, flexing his muscles as he pulled off a green tshirt, leaving him in dark blue trunks. "I want to get in on this." He moved, clearly aiming to jump as heavily as possible into the pool. Everyone knew full well he could create a splash zone far bigger than Jake's.

"Wait wait no!" Keira also shouted, as she moved quickly away from Daisy's side, and sprinted in the patio doors. This was a mistake. Luke was faster than she.
"Come on man I'm in pyjamas, go get Daisy!" She pleaded, desperately trying to avoid Luke's grasp.

"Don't bring me into this." Daisy shrugged.

Luke reached for Keira, immediately pulling her into an inescapable bear hug. he headed straight for the pool, gripping her shoulders as he taunted dropping her backwards into it. As james put down the chair, no longer threatening to throw it, he turned just in time to glimpse Keira's desperate face before it was submerged along with the rest of her and Luke.

-

after a few hours of relaxing, or not so relaxingly being forced into the pool, Daisy, Keira, Luke and Jake lay outside watching the sun set. Max wandered outside, still towel drying his hair from his shower. daisy lay back, peering behind her to watch the- still topless- Max come over and join them on the grassy patch of lawn a few meters from the pool.

Chrissy followed him outside, a tray with various breads and drinks in hand, "just a quick snack since we won't be having a proper meal today." she smiled, putting the tray down on the grass.

"wow we're being treated like kings here." jake mocked, gleefully taking a slice of bread and stuffing it in his mouth.

"yes well don't get used to it." chrissy replied over her shoulder as she headed back for the house.

Next chapter should be to look forward to, I have something nice planned! Thankyou for all the support too, it means a lot :)