10| Close

By the time the film had ended, everyone was asleep except for Daisy, Max and Luke.
"That was fucking scary wasn't it Keira!" Luke exclaimed, very aware of the girl now clinging to his large arm.

"I have a feeling she is asleep." Daisy yawned, the shots she had taken earlier making her sleepy. Luke murmured something, tucking himself under the blanket with him and Keira, dozing off into a happy sleep. Max turned around, smiling to himself while subconsciously looking at Daisy.

"What?" Daisy asked as she tied her hair into a bun and stared back at him. Max leant in slightly, taking Daisy by surprise.
"I like being back at home." He laughed lightly, his hot breath inches away from Daisy's stunned face. She leant closer too, maybe only a fraction of an inch, but the alcohol she has earlier was forcing her to go further, staring into the green eyes opposite.
She was so close to him, eyeing him in he dim lighting of the tv.

"You probably won't remember but at my first birthday party you were my first kiss." Daisy giggled tipsily. "I remember." Max's voice came out deep and strong, now only an inch from Daisy's face. "I mean, how could I forget." He continued, glancing at Daisy's parted lips.
She fidgeted with her fingers nervously, so tempted to kiss him, but not wanting to force him into it.

He leant even closer, and as he was about to kiss her, Jake let out a loud snore, awaking Keira.
"Fucks sake, i won't get any sleep next to that stupid guy!" She muttered angrily, unaware of a quickly withdrawing Daisy with a blushed look on her face.

Max sat back too, disillusioned to what almost happened between him and Daisy. "Um Daisy, are you awake?" Keira whisper-shouted, standing up and walking to the door.

"Yes what do you want?" Daisy called, pretending she hadn't been awake for the last 10 minutes and almost kissed her old best friend.

"Can we go sleep in your room, away from Jake, he is snoring really fucking loudly!" Keira replied. Daisy was more than happy to have a way out of having to sleep next to Max for the rest of the night. She knew it would be awkward when they had both sobered up and remembered what almost happened.

"Ok sure." Daisy said a little too quickly. As she stood up and headed to the door with a duvet in hand, she glanced back to see Max looking back at her seeming shy.