Mistakes are for tomorrow

"I didn't expect you to follow through with it." Daisy giggled, eyeing Max's toned stomach just below eye level.

"I thought you'd be able to handle it?" He smiled, reaching for his hoodie to put it back on, silently hoping that Daisy would stop him.

Daisy reached for the hoodie, lightly tugging it out of his grip. She put it on the table and slid off, forcing Max to step backwards.
"Excuse me," He said, raising an eyebrow. "This isn't allowed, oi." He carried on, but daisy ignored him and continued to push him back another few feet until his back was against the fridge, and it was his turn to surrender.

She looked up at him, and although she wasn't short, she felt tiny in comparison to Max. He gazed back, a mere few inches of height difference separating their lips. Green flecks stared heavily into Daisy's tired, brown eyes, and she placed a cool hand on his stomach. Max shivered slightly.

"You seem cold." He said, swallowing hard.

"Really? You look like your burning up." Daisy said sarcastically, taunting the man who thought he was in control. She slid her hand down his stomach, reaching the thin grey cotton that hung from Max's hips.

"I see you didn't dress up for the occasion." She smiled, looking down at his shorts and gesturing to the lack of boxers beneath them.

"I didn't expect to be strip searched." Max responded, clearly gaining confidence. "Not that I'm complaining." He said smugly, winking as he did.
"I'm sorry about tonight." He added, looking faintly embarrassed, "I just didn't want to see you- or anyone- get hurt."

"Let's just forget about it. Thankyou though. I shouldn't have got drunk." Daisy replied, pausing slightly to think between each statement.

Daisy's hand presses further, and her fingertips edged beneath the material. As she did so, she tilted her head up, looking longingly at Max's parted lips.
He looked down, his heart beating loudly as the hand on his waist snuck lower, and he strained not to move it down for her.

Raising onto her tiptoes, Daisy stood up, getting close enough to graze his lips with hers, leaving but an inch between them. Max looked at her, breathing heavily, and her hand finally reached its destination.

Just as Max leant in, searching for the kiss that had been taunting them for the last 10 minutes, the creaking of steps echoed behind them.

"Daisy? What are you doing?" A familiar voice sounded from behind them.

"Oh, Keira, I was just getting some water. Don't worry you can go back to bed I'm fine." Daisy responded, withdrawing both her head and her hand.

"Max? Why are you here... what the fuck is going on?" Keira continued, rubbing her eyes groggily and searching for the answers that one does after hurt waking up.

"Oh um, I heard someone downstairs so I came to check what was going on." Max added, picking up his fruit shoot and making his way out of the kitchen.

"You always sleep topless?" Keira said smugly, she had finally woken up and realised what may have been happening, and Daisy picked up Max's hoodie and threw it at him.

"Nice one." She said, walking over towards Keira and heading up to their room.

Fuck, fuck. She definitely knows. What if she tells Luke? Or worse what if she tells Jake and then Jake gets mad and tells Chrissy or Audrey and then I get sent home and I can't ever see them again? God I'm stupid. I bet he didn't even like it, I can't believe I did that. Daisy's thoughts spiralled as she followed her best friend up the stairs.

"You got something to tell me?" Keira smirked as they reached the bedroom. 3am. How could Daisy possibly play this off?

"No I told you I was just thirsty and Max was down there." Daisy pleaded, but she and Keira both knew the truth.

"You like him, don't you." Keira sighed, "really? You could've gone for any boy in the world but you had to go with him? You're an idiot." She laughed, Daisy felt relief at Keira's support- even if it came in a  slightly mocking form.

"It's not my fault ok. Hormones... blame the hormones." She replied sheepishly. "I think I'm gonna get some rest."

"Sure sure, hopefully you'll wake up and it's all a dream." Keira said, "night."

"Don't let the bedbugs bite." Daisy said back, smiling slightly.