Night sky

Later on in the evening of their arrival, Daisy and Luke were sitting outside in the dark.
"Reckon that's Sirius?" Daisy asked as they lay on sun loungers, admiring the night sky above.

"Reckon it's what?" Luke asked, seeming confused.

"Sirius, the brightest star visible from Earth." Daisy continued thoughtfully. The sound of footsteps followed afterwards, and Max walked infront of the pair, sitting down by Luke's feet on the lounger.

"You learn something every day." He said sarcastically, after realising that Luke wasn't concentrating on anything Daisy had said.

"Well in your case it goes in one ear and out the other so it's not like it matters anyway," Daisy quipped playfully, "try remember that one for me."

Max gestured, writing down an imaginary note, "Sirius is the brightest star." He said in a monotone voice as his hand pretended to write it.

"Don't forget to say brightest visible from earth." Daisy added as she sat up, pretending to take the notepad from him and add the extra words.

"Also known as the Dog Star, so I've heard." Max added, feeling a little proud of himself for the nugget of knowledge.
Daisy smiled, secretly impressed, "yeah, I've heard that too."

Luke yawned while standing up and stretching, seemingly bored of watching the sky. He walked towards the house, closing the bright patio door quietly so as not to wake anyone already sleeping.

"May I?" Max asked, gesturing to Daisy's lounger.

"Take Luke's there's no room here." She replied shortly, not bothering to entertain his boyish behaviour.

"No, no, I think there is." He smirked, placing himself down at the head of the lounger, forging Daisy to sit up. She protested, claiming there was no way she would move, but eventually sat back, sitting between his legs. 

He hummed softly.

"Is that the fucking song from Wolf of Walls Street?" Daisy asked, turning her head to see him patting his chest, imitating the scene from the famous film.
He nodded slightly, not stopping. More aggressively than probably necessary, she grabbed his hand and turned back around. He stopped humming, and allowed her to remove his hand from his chest, wondering what she would do next.

"Wow, want to hold hands do we?" He smirked, gripping her hand with one of his, and resting the other on the arm of the lounger.
She scoffed, "dont even think about it." And released her hand quickly.

Sadly, this was a grave mistake, Max's hand dropped neatly onto her stomach, and he moved the other one to mirror it. Slowly sliding it up, he let his left hand sit just below her breast. Suddenly, she could feel the weight of her back pressing against his chest, and his hand on her stomach so strongly she thought they could burn through. Nothing was said; they sat like that calmly.

Max seemed relaxed, almost in his element, whereas Daisy felt on edge and nervous. The soft burning of his skin touching hers sent tingles down her spine, constantly reminding her of their close proximity. Ever so slightly, she could hear the sound of his heartbeat, and feel it beating against the small of her back.

Shifting slightly, Daisy moved her head back to rest on his hard shoulder. "Just so I can see the sky." She justified, not wanting him to get the wrong idea- though she had thousands of ideas flying around her head. Her brain was a cage, and she was desperately trying not to let anything from it out. Feelings towards Max were also included in that locked away safe.

A light flicked off in the house. The previously illuminated patio doors were now dark, leaving Daisy and Max under the warm blanket of a starry night.