25| Mistakes definitely were made

Daisy dived, headbutting the tall mans chest as she lunged forward, away from Max's grasp. The man stumbled, knocking into the people surrounding him; causing a scene. People turned to look at the commotion, and Max pushed Daisy behind him, stopping her from seeing what happened next. A loud thud echoed about the dance floor, and people dispersed so as not to get caught up in what Daisy had just realised to be a fight. The tall man was on the floor, held down by the weight of a furious Max laying into the guy's face.

Daisy couldn't move, she sucked in a breath, trying not to watch this unfold and feeling terrible for having caused something like this. Jake appeared by her side.
"What happened?" He asked quickly, running a hand through his hair in a stressed manner.
"Uh, I well it was him on the floor he tried to kiss me." Daisy responded still feeling slightly lightheaded with regret and drunkenness.

Jake reached and pulled Max off the mystery man, leaving a swollen face and bloody nose in his wake. The man was on the floor- awake- cowering behind dirty hands. Max stormed past the crowd that had formed, and picked his way through to the bar where Keira was.
"I think it's best that we go." James said as he neared where Jake and Daisy were standing, "don't want to draw attention to us any further. You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine don't worry about me. I don't know what got into Max I was perfectly fine on my own-"

Jake cut her off, "let's not discuss this here." And he started towards the bar with James in step behind him. They found Keira and Luke sipping a mojito together, and sat for a few minutes before leaving the bar and heading home a few hundred metres behind Max.

Daisy still felt drunk, and the group's walk back was slow and unsettling, an air of regret descending upon them all. Luke stuck close by Keira, the two of them chatting absently, while James and Daisy walked behind struggling to keep in a straight line.
Steadily, tears began to fall from Daisy's eyes, leaving a trail of mascara behind. Her feelings went unseen in the darkness, and she enjoyed walking quietly and listening to the gentle motion of a car sweep past them and the clicking of Keira's heels on the floor ahead (Daisy had since removed hers and was carrying them).

"You alright Daisy?" Jake asked when he got home, he had been walking behind the whole time; searching for some girl that he'd met at the bar's Instagram.
"Yeah yeah fine just a bit tired, sleep well." She replied, slinking up the stairs and off to her bedroom.

That night was quiet, and Max had remained silent throughout the walk home. Daisy and Keira took off their makeup and put on baggy shirts to sleep in, neither quite wanted to discuss the evening and felt it was a task for tomorrow. Daisy clambered into bed.

"Goodnight, sorry about this evening... I didn't mean to start all this shit." She said solemnly into the darkness

Keira's voice replied softly, "No one minds Daisy, it's fine we can sort it all out tomorrow. It's our fault for all getting drunk." She added, giggling softly.

-

Daisy rolled over, checking the clock with her blurry eyes. 2am. She felt sober and her mouth stung in that dry way that they do after shots, so she decided to get up for a drink. Keira seems pretty asleep She thought, easing the door handle open and tip toeing downstairs.

All the doors were shut on her way down, and she heard the faint snoring of Rob in his room with Chrissy. Sounds like the parents enjoyed themselves.

Daisy grabbed a glass from the kitchen and took a sip of cool, crisp water.

"Tasty?" She said... except she didn't say that. She turned around, looking for the source of the comment. Sure enough, standing behind her was a tall, dark haired boy with deep green eyes and a slight cut on the top of his cheek. He wore grey shorts which hung loosely around his hips, their thin material sitting neatly around his legs

"What are you doing up huh?" She said, putting her right hand down on the marble island behind her and sipping the water with her left.

"I could ask you the same question." He replied, reaching into the fridge and pulling out the first thing he saw

"A fruit shoot?" She asked, smirking at the sight of such a tall man holding onto a small purple bottle.

"What, you jealous?" Max said, stepping towards daisy and pulling the dark blue hood of his jumper off his head. He ruffled his hair lightly, and placed the fruit shoot down at her right side; just next to her hand.

"Aren't you drinking that, I thought you were up at 2 in the morning thanks to cravings for child's drinks?" Daisy looked at the fruit shoot by her hand, and looked back at the tall man infront of her. He was looking right back. They made eye contact for a second, and daisy stepped back further, pressing her back against the island and putting her glass of water behind her.

"Thought you wanted that?" Max replied slyly. He took the opportunity to reach across for the water, stepping closer to her. Max was now squarely in front of Daisy, and he looked down at her bare legs left uncovered by the large grey tshirt she had thrown on before bed. Her hair fell messily arounf her shoulders, and the absence of her bra beneath the cotton was clearly noted by Max.

Daisy reached down in an attempt to cover her legs more, but upon pulling her hand back up she accidentally raised the tshirt just slightly, revealing her purple underwear for the greedy eyes infront of her.

"Dressed up for the occasion I see, I didn't realise we were going to be getting naked." He said playfully, "would you prefer it if I took off my hoodie to match?"

Daisy's cheeks burned at the embarrassment, but she figured it would be stupid to back down now. "Sounds like a good idea to me."
She jumped up onto the countertop, her thighs pushing together as she sat down. Her top had once again lifted, and a triangle of visibility was left for Max's viewing pleasure.

He reached for his hoodie at the bottom, "you might want to drink my fruit juice after this... you know, to cool down." He smirked, pulling off the dark blue material as Daisy sat infront of him, blood pumping heavily through her heart.

Max's hoodie was on the countertop to Daisy's side, and a topless boy stood tall and tanned infront of her. Quickly, she placed a hand over her eyes, "Ew why aren't you wearing a tshirt under that!" She exclaimed sheepishly.

A hand reached for her wrist, and Max pulled her cold hand away from her face, forcing her to take in his toplessness.
" I though you wanted us to match?" He asked, smiling to himself.