You can't

Daisy and Max were now left alone, his hand placed firmly at the base of her breast, and the other lightly stroking her stomach.

Her pyjama top was loose, and as his hand moved slowly around her side, it rode up to reveal the waistband of some loose black shorts she had thrown on earlier that day. Nothing too sexy, but that didn't concern her, and it certainly didn't concern Max. Trying desperately not to show any emotion, Daisy swallowed hard to mask the slight increase in her breathing at his touch lingering just above her shorts.

"You can't." She said firmly, though it didn't sound very convincing. She wasn't sure what exactly it was that he couldn't do, but she knew he couldn't go further down; just thinking about it made her situation twice as intense.

Her head rolled slightly to the side on his shoulder, putting her closer to his neck while she spoke. Slowly, her eyes traced his neck, examining his Adam's apple and jawline as they passed.

For the first time in years, Daisy heard something serious come out of Max's mouth, not sarcastic, but it was real.
"I know I can't." He put simply, pausing for a second to slowly slide a finger under the black band of her shorts, "I won't." He continued, not moving it any further. Max seemed different, as though his words had meaning and they weren't just empty teasing, they were carefully selected. Frowning a little, he cursed himself in his head. He wanted nothing more than to slide his hand down further, and to kiss that little bit of neck showing from behind her dark hair. A small gold chain sat neatly above her collarbone, which only made her soft skin more tempting to his longing hands, but he knew he couldn't. He knew he shouldn't.

She closed her eyes, focusing only on the light squeezing he was doing to her chest, and the other hand now playing with the line of her shorts.
He seemed serious for once, and it was then that Daisy finally realised he must be feeling it too. 'It' being that longing feeling, stemming from the addictiveness of his touch.

The soft sound of crickets rang in the background, steadily dying out as the night grew darker, swallowing up everything outside. Not having left, Max's hand still sat at the bottom of her stomach, now tracing a soft line by her shorts.

-

As the birds signalled the start of morning, Daisy and Keira awoke in their room. The sweet smell of summer heat drifted in through the window as Audrey came in and opened it.

"Morning girls, we're going to head straight down to the beach today, check it out a bit." Audrey said, pausing to admire the view of lawn from the bedroom window.

"Mmm" Keira groaned in response, wanting to acknowledge what she had said but not having the energy to speak.

Daisy, however, couldn't have felt anymore awake at the thought of lounging around on the beach all morning. She made this very clear but throwing back her covers and jumping up with a spring in her step.
"Great idea, we'll come down too hopefully for a swim!" She smiled, rubbing her eyes as she slightly regretted getting up so quickly after waking.

"Ok great- and it's not far from the house." Audrey added while leaving the room, mainly for Keira's benefit to stop the temptation of simply laying in bed all day.