Ugh, men

Max sat back down, feeling pleased with himself as he took in Daisy trying to cover herself with the duvet.

'What the fuck just happened? And why did I enjoy it?' Daisy asked herself, doing her best to be swallowed up by the blankets around her while avoiding looking at Max. 'I am a strong, independent woman! I won't let a man get the best of me!' She desperately tried to tell herself, ignoring the obvious fact that she had actually sort of started to like Max.

The morning went on, most of it was spent tidying away bits of popcorn found under the sofas and attempting to fold blankets neatly, which Luke was terrible at.

"It just won't go into a fucking square ok! I don't know how it works!' Luke had shouted at a patient Max, who took the blanket off him and folded it perfectly.
"There." Max had replied flatly.

-

Daisy and Keira were now in their bedroom, packing for the vacation tomorrow.
"See I like the pink one, but I already have blue and yellow so I think I'm overdoing it." Keira stated while examining different bikinis and placing them neatly into her ridiculously large suitcase. Daisy made general agreement noises, not really listening to what was happening and instead searching through her closet for summer clothes.

"I really need some new shorts." Daisy muttered, holding up a denim pair that looked like they were a child's size.
"Bit late for that now don't you think? We can always buy some when we get there." Keira replied, casting a pink bikini into her suitcase, "fuck it I'll just take 3 of the same, I mean they're different colours so it's ok." She continued.

"Keira, Daisy! Come down to the kitchen for a bit will you!" Audrey shouted up the stairs.

"Coming!" Daisy yelled back, jogging out of her bedroom and down into the hallway with Keira following close behind. There were 2 large pans on the stove, each filled to the brim with pasta and vegetables, but even that didn't look like enough to feed all 10 of them.

After receiving instructions from both Audrey and Chrissy about what to cook, Keira and Daisy got to work in helping prepare the meal, leaving Luke to set the table and James to pour some drinks.

-
The two families sat and talked together, just like old times, and the nostalgia left Daisy smiling to herself, excited for the long awaited trip tomorrow.

"Right I guess it's time to start packing then?" Max said after finishing his meal, leaning back and rubbing his stomach. The other boys nodded and did the same, while Chrissy raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"In, what?" Chrissy checked her silver watch, moving her eyebrows even higher after reading it, "6 hours! 6 hours until we have to be out of the house and you haven't packed yet?" She semi-yelled, in mock anger.

Daisy checked her phone, and it was indeed just after 10 o'clock, which left 6 precious hours of sleep until the flight, and therefore no time for packing.

"Sorry, I'll go do it now." Luke murmured, making Daisy laugh. 'He alway was a mommas boy' she thought to herself. He got up from the table, thanking everyone for the meal and trudging out of the front door, heading across the driveway into his house.

James and Max followed, getting up from the table. "See you all tomorrow then!" Max called, grinning gleefully and winking at Daisy.

Jake stood up slowly, "I guess I should go as well then." He sighed, earning a glare from Audrey.

"You too?" She stated firmly, watching him beadily as he sheepishly picked up his glass and wandered up the stairs. "God, men." She added, ignoring the fact that her husband was sitting right next to her.

Sorry for the slow updates! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, it's relatively short but I'll make sure the next few are great :)