5| Good to be Home

By the time the 9 of them had sat down at the table, over half of the champagne was gone, and everyone was a little tipsy.

"So, tell me about your time in Australia, is it true there's loads of spiders everywhere?" Daisy asked Max as he sat down between her and James, with Jake and Luke sitting across from them, clearly very excited to be together again. The parents were at the head of the table, serving out hot dinner and more alcohol whilst chatting to James.
"why does everyone think that! I mean yes there can be deadly animals, but they aren't constantly everywhere," Max laughed, flashing his pearly teeth, "how about you, tell me everything about you." He said, putting down his champagne glass and starting to eat the heap of food on his plate.

"It's been fun I guess." Daisy replied, downing the rest of her drink, much to the dismay of her onlooking mother. "Seriously? Come on, tell me literally anything. Sports? Friends? Boyfriends?" Max emphasised the last word, nudging Daisy's shoulder and giggling to himself. "Shut up, and no, I'm a single Pringle." Daisy replied, not sure whether to feel ashamed at her failing love life, or confused about why that was one of the first questions he asked.
"Who the fuck still says single Pringle? I prefer the term, in a committed relationship with myself." Max retorted, still snickering to himself about nothing in particular.
Daisy looked into Max's eyes, feeling slightly nervous as he stared back, searching for nothing in particular.

Attempting to brush off the moment she just had with him, Daisy said, "hey remember that time Luke tried to get spaghetti in from his nose and out of his mouth!" And Her and Max burst out uncontrollably laughing, clutching at their sides for relief from the hysterics they were in.

"What in the world is going on over there?" Luke said, pointing across the table to Max and Daisy in fits of laughter, which only made them both laugh harder, picturing Luke there with spaghetti dangling from his nose.

-

Keira was coming over tomorrow, and then in 2 days, it would be time for the holiday, which Daisy was nervous for, especially the part about seeing all of those boys running along the beach... topless. 'Seriously Daisy, there's more important things than guys' she thought, attempting to reason with herself.

Once the Carter family had walked home, Daisy stood in her room, looking out of her window which stared directly into one of the boys bedrooms, but she had forgotten which.
The light flicked on from the other house, and Daisy quickly turned to look out of her other window, focusing on the fields and trees so as to not get caught staring at whoever was in the room.

Daisy went for a shower, coming back out in just a towel, and starting to put on a baggy shirt and pyjama shorts. After the neighbouring bedroom not being occupied for so long, Daisy had also forgotten to put her blind down or move away from her window whilst getting changed, meaning that when she looked up, finally remembering, the distant green eyes staring back at her almost made her faint.