Preparation

Daisy opened her door, heading into the kitchen to be greeted by her mom, Audrey, and dad, Nick.
"Nick look! Daisy's home, aw honey we've missed you so much," Audrey exclaimed, running towards Daisy and scooping her up for a tight hug.

"I've only been gone for like a month mom." Replied Daisy, attempting to move her mothers bushy hair away from her face.
"It feels like longer to us." Nick said, walking over to join in the hug that Daisy was now trying to escape from.

After a much longer hug than necessary and carrying 8 boxes of belongings up to Daisy's room, she decided to ask the question she had been dying to since she got back. "Umm, mom, when are the Carters coming back for the holiday?" Daisy asked, adjusting her earrings and attempting to sound relaxed.
"They are Landing at the airport tomorrow, and Jake is picking them up and bringing them back. We are hosting the welcome back party, so Rob and Chrissy will come over to help set up." Her mom replied, wiping around the kitchen and washing up some dirty dishes.

Daisy headed upstairs, tired from her long drive home, and went for a shower, humming to herself as she did so. Daisy was around 5'7" with dark hair, brown eyes and freckles dotted around her cheeks. A few years ago she had really bad acne, and went on prescription tablets after nothing else worked. Her self-esteem was really low for a while, but she remained on the tablets for a year and now her skin was glowing and clear, which she was very thankful for.

What if they've changed completely and we don't get along anymore...? Daisy thought, as she ran through every possible outcome of meeting Luke, James and especially Max again. Jake came home every time Daisy did, so she knew he must be dying to see Luke again as they used to be inseparable.

I remember that one time when Jake and Luke had been out climbing trees for hours, and Max and I had set up traps all over the house with the help of James to lure them in. It worked perfectly. Jake ran straight into the trip wire in the living room, signalling for Max to start throwing the eggs at an unsuspecting Luke. James and I almost died laughing at the look on their faces. Daisy smiled at the recollection, and sat on her bed laughing to herself.

Daisy was pulled away from her thoughts by a phone call from Keira, "Heyyy just wanted to check up on you, making sure you got home alright. And obviously asking if James is back yet !" Keira spoke down the phone, the faint sound of music playing in the background. Keira used to have a slight crush on James, but she would never admit it.

"Aw thanks for calling, and no James isn't back yet, sadly for you, wish you were here with me." Said Daisy, "I'm currently attempting to unpack and it's not very fun, but everyone's coming home tomorrow evening so it will be preparations all day." Daisy wiped her brow, looking out her window at the vast expanse of lawns surrounding her house.

"Oh yeah I forgot you were rich and that you have enough rooms for everyone." Keira laughed, and Daisy could sense the eye roll from miles away, "shut up Keira." Daisy joined in laughing.

As Daisy got into her pyjamas and into bed, she couldn't help but think about Max, and how he was her first kiss at her 6th birthday party when her family had just moved in. He wouldn't remember it, but she'd always secretly looked up to him, and wanted to be like him. She was so not ready to see them all again.