Chapter Four

Three months later, things between Brizee and Nick really started to heat up as they grew closer every day. Brizee become best buds with the girls and they often got together for lunch or shopping trips. They were at the mall eating at the food court when Leighanne looked up and saw Lauren come into the food court. She looked at Rochelle and Kristin. Rochelle went to Lauren. Brizee looked and saw them.

"Oh boy," Brizee said.

"I think she has it figured out since you are with us, that you are Nick's wife," Leighanne said.

"I didn't mean to come between them, it wasn't my doing," Brizee said.

"It was mine," Lauren said coming up to the table.

"What," Brizee said.

"I set up the marriage," Lauren said.

"How is that possible, I've never met any of the guys," Brizee said.

"I did a random search on Facebook, came across your name, decided that you would be perfect for Nick," Lauren said.

"But you guys were going to get married," Brizee said.

"Cover up, I had met someone else and fallen in love with them and I didn't want to hurt Nick and I figured that if I could set him up in a marriage, I could leave without breaking his heart," Lauren said.

"Well, you better tell Nick the truth," Brizee said.

"What's the point," Lauren said.

"You need to be honest with him, he still wants to know how the marriage came about," Leighanne said.

"Tell him then, I can't face him, goodbye," Lauren said. She left. The girls went home to Nick's house and walked in and saw the guys lounging around.

"Hey girls," Brian said.

"You won't believe what happened," Rochelle said sitting next to AJ.

"What's up," AJ said.

"We know how the marriage came about," Leighanne said.

"How," Nick said.

"Your recent ex set it up," Brizee said.

"What," Nick said.

"She met someone else and didn't want to break your heart so she got online on Facebook and did a random search and came across my page and thought I would be the one to be your wife so she set it up so she could leave without breaking your heart," Brizee said.

"I can't believe this," Nick said.

"So she set it up for you to be his wife so she could leave him for another guy," Brian said.

"Yup," Kristin said.

"I can't believe her!" Nick said. He got up and went out back. Brizee went out there with him.

"I'm sorry, I told her to be honest with you and she said she couldn't face you," Brizee said.

"I'm sorry she did this to you, took you away from your life up there," Nick said.

"Well, actually, I'm beginning to like it down here, I didn't have many friends up there but down here I have the girls and the guys, and you helped my family out a lot by getting rid of my ex-sister-in-law from their lives," Brizee said.

"Briz, you are wrong about one thing, we aren't just your friends, we are your brothers and sisters, and you have three more nephews along with it," Brian said.

"Well, my family is much bigger now," Brizee said.

"Well, let's go out to eat," Nick said. They all went out to eat and went to Howie's club.

That night, Brizee and Nick arrived home and went to shower and Brizee got dressed and went downstairs and looked through Nick's DVD collection.

"Which movie do you want to watch," Nick said coming into the room.

"I don't know, just looking to see what you had," Brizee said. She sighed.

"Nothing but scary movies," Brizee said.

"You don't like scary movies?" Nick asked.

"Well, I have watched Scream 2 and I Know What You did Last Summer and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, but that's all," Brizee said.

"Well, let's see, how about this one," Nick said holding up one. She looked at it.

"Fine," Brizee said sitting down on the couch. Nick set it up and sat down beside her. Brizee covered her face when there was a scary part. After the movie was over, Brizee got up and went upstairs. Nick shut off the DVD and TV and locked up and went upstairs and went to bed. In the middle of the night, he woke up to a loud scream. He put on a pair of shorts and ran to Brizee's room and went in. He saw her sitting up on the bed hugging her legs.

"Briz," Nick said sitting on the bed.

"I hate scary movies!" Brizee said.

"Nightmare?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I dreamt that I was in the movie," Brizee said.

"Oh man, I'm sorry, should have just seen what movies were on cable," Nick said.

"I'm sorry I woke you up," Brizee said.

"It's okay," Nick said. He squeezed her hand and went back to his room and went back to sleep.