Chapter Thirteen

Two months later, Brizee was eight months along. Dr. Kelly told her that she can move around the house and go places, but she can't drive.She needed to get caught up on getting baby stuff. She and Leighanne were shopping for clothes for the baby. Since she hadn't been out for awhile, Brizee had to start wearing a pair of Nick's track pants and one of his button shirts that would still look baggy on her. Since Nick had lost weight, he had the clothes stored in the spare bedroom closet. Nick and Brian were at the mall with them. Brizee found some baby clothes and paid for them and she and Leighanne headed to find the guys. They found them in the music store looking at cds.

"Hey guys," Brizee said. Nick smiled and hugged her close to him. Brian hugged Leighanne.

"Did you find some clothes," Nick said.

"For the baby, yep, me, nah, your old clothes fit just fine," Brizee said.

"Yeah, good thing you kept those, Nick," Leighanne said.

"Yeah, well, I have a feeling I'll be back in those clothes," Nick said.

"No, you won't, with all the dancing you guys do, you will stay in shape," Brizee said.

"I know," Nick said.

"Besides, who knows how I will look after having the baby, I might not lose any of the baby weight," Brizee said.

"Briz," Nick said.

"I don't like to exercise," Brizee said.

"You don't jog," Nick said.

"No, I've got a bad foot," Brizee said.

"What," Nick said.

"My right foot, you haven't noticed that it's different than my left foot," Brizee said. Nick shook his head.

"Let's get going," Brian said. They went home. Nick helped Brizee sit on the couch and took off her shoes and socks and looked at her feet.

"You're right," Nick said.

"It's called a bunion, I've had it since I was little, it always hurt a lot growing up but then it never hurt, but I never went for surgery because I didn't have health insurance and I couldn't afford to take off work, I would have to be off for eight weeks, so I never went to get it done, I just learned to live with it, it doesn't bug me anymore so I'm not worried about it," Brizee said. Nick looked at her.

"After you have the baby, you are having it done," Nick said. Brizee sighed.

"Nick, no, it isn't bugging me, I'm not worried about it, it's not a big deal," Brizee said.

"Don't argue with me," Nick said.

"Well, it should be my choice, Nick, it is my foot, not yours," Brizee said.

"But you are my wife," Nick said.

"So, I'm not going to be told what to do, if I don't need it, then it will not be done," Brizee said. She looked away from him. Nick took her hand.

"I'm sorry, baby," Nick said.

"I know I need to have surgery on it but it isn't bugging me," Brizee said.

"Let me know if it does," Nick said.

"I will," Brizee said.

"Now about the nursery," Nick said. He got some magazines and she looked through them. She pointed to one.

"This one," Brizee said.

"Ocean theme," Nick said.

"Yes, waterboy," Brizee said.

"What are you thinking about for the walls," Nick said.

"Well, the ceiling can be painted like the sky with clouds on a sunny day, have some of the sky come down on the walls and then waves and the ocean towards the bottom and then have carpet on the floor with the color of sand, it will be like a beach theme," Brizee said.