Chapter Eleven

The next day, Brian and AJ came over wanting to hang out with Nick. Nick was unsure about going. Brizee pushed him to go and she promised to rest. Nick got her set up with water and movies and kissed her and promised to be back in an hour or so. She closed her eyes. She was woken up by the doorbell. She heard footsteps downstairs and heard the front door open. She heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She looked at the door just as Billy appeared.

"Billy," Brizee said.

"Nick asked me to hang out here and make sure nothing happens, someone is here to see you, well, to meet you," Billy said. Brizee looked at him. She looked at the time and saw that she had been asleep for more than an hour.

"Where's Nick, is he back yet?" Brizee asked.

"Not yet," Billy said.

"Who is here?" Brizee said trying to sit up. A woman came into the bedroom.

"This is Jane Carter, Nick's mother," Billy said.

"You are Brizee," Jane said.

"Yes, I am," Brizee said.

"You must be enjoying this," Jane said.

"What," Brizee said.

"Not having to work, living off my son," Jane said.

"Have you heard the entire story, about how me and Nick ended up married," Brizee said.

"No," Jane said.

"Ask his last girlfriend, she set it up," Brizee said.

"What," Jane said.

"Lauren met another guy, she didn't want to break Nick's heart by leaving him for another guy so she got online and searched Facebook and found my page and thought I would be perfect for Nick, the guys came to find me, I was doing just fine before they came, Nick wanted to make it work, we got to know each other and fell in love, he wanted to start working on having kids so here we are, I'm six months along with your grandchild, I'm not with Nick for his money, he could be poor and I would still be here," Brizee said calmly. Jane sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry, let's start over, hi I'm Jane, Nick's mom, your mother-in-law," Jane said holding out her hand.

"Brizee, Nick's wife, your daughter-in-law, mother of your grandchild," Brizee said shaking her hand. They were talking and getting to know each other when Nick came in and saw them. He looked at Billy.

"You let her in," Nick said.

"Sorry, boss, she wanted to meet Briz," Billy said.

"Nick," Jane said standing up.

"Why are you here," Nick said.

"I wanted to meet Brizee," Jane said.

"So you say," Nick said.

"Nick," Jane said.

"You want money, don't you," Nick said.

"Nick, no, I just wanted to meet my daughter-in-law, and I wanted you to know that I want to work on getting our relationship back on track," Jane said.

"Yeah right," Nick said.

"Nick," Brizee said.

"What exactly went on here," Nick said sitting on the bed. Brizee told him everything. Nick looked at his mother.

"Brizee isn't after anything, she is with me because we love each other and want to be together, she doesn't want a record deal or anything, she hates having her picture taken, she is perfect for me, she doesn't ask for much," Nick said taking Brizee's hand in his.

"Nick, we were talking about it when you came in, she is being supportive," Brizee said.

"I want to work on our relationship, Nick, get it back on track, and I will do anything to get it back," Jane said.

"Because of our problems, I couldn't come to Leslie's funeral, I couldn't say goodbye to my little sis," Nick said.

"And I want to make up for that, how about going with me to New York," Jane said. Nick looked at Brizee.

"I can't leave Briz," Nick said.

"Nick, you should go, Billy's here," Brizee said.

"Briz," Nick said.

"You need to do this," Brizee said.

"Okay, if you need anything, call me or the guys," Nick said. Brizee nodded and he hugged her. He kissed her and leaned down and kissed her stomach.

"Hey little one, you be good for Mom and let her rest," Nick said softly. Brizee smiled. Nick kissed her and left with Jane. Brizee leaned against the pillows.