Chapter Eighteen

Two months later, Brizee was four months along and she was at the doctor's for her appointment. She sat in the waiting room looking at her watch. Nick was supposed to meet her there since he had a band meeting with the record label. Jason was with Leighanne. She sighed. She looked at her cell phone and saw no messages. The nurse called her name. She got up and went in. She sat in the room and waited for Dr. Kelly. She came in and did the ultrasound.

"I hear two heartbeats," Dr. Kelly said.

"Twins?" Brizee asked.

"I believe so, and there is the picture and yup, two babies, congratulations," Dr. Kelly said.

"I better rest more often," Brizee said.

"You should be okay this time around," Dr. Kelly said. She printed the picture and gave it to her and Brizee made another appointment and went out the door and walked out to the waiting room just as Nick ran in.

"Briz, I'm so sorry, the meeting ran late," Nick said.

"Yeah, and you missed the appointment," Brizee said.

"I'm sorry, I got here as quick as I could," Nick said.

"It wasn't quick enough," Brizee said. She went out the door. Nick followed.

"Briz," Nick said.

"I don't ask for much, Nick, I'm not demanding, I'm perfectly content of being a wife and mother, but you had a part in this pregnancy, you should be involved with everything that goes on," Brizee said.

"I know, I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say," Nick said. She handed him the picture and walked out the door. He looked at it and saw two babies. He ran after her. He caught up to her at her car.

"Briz," Nick said.

"I've got to go pick up Jason," Brizee said.

"I'll get him," Nick said.

"Wow, that is a first," Brizee said. She got into the car and went home. Nick went to Brian's. He went in and saw Leighanne and Brian playing with Jason.

"Hey man, look, Jason, there's Daddy," Brian said. Jason crawled to him and Nick picked him and hugged him.

"Hey buddy," Nick said. He sat down.

"How did the appointment go," Leighanne said.

"I got there just as she came out, I missed it," Nick said.

"She mad?" Brian asked.

"Furious, I should have just left the meeting and let you guys fill me in," Nick said.

"You knew the meeting was important," Brian said.

"Not as important as my wife," Nick said. He handed him the picture. He kissed Jason's forehead. Brian looked at the picture and looked at him.

"Oh man, you guys are having twins," Brian said. Nick nodded and hugged his son to him.

"She is pissed," Nick said.

"Go home and make things right," Brian said.

"I don't think I can make things right, I don't know what I can do, she doesn't ask for much, she's fine with being a wife and mother, but me being at the appointments was the only thing she wanted and I let her down," Nick said.

"It's not your fault the meeting ran late," Brian said.

"I should have been there for her," Nick said.

"Go home to your wife, talk it out," Brian said. Nick nodded and got Jason's bag and went home. He walked in and looked around. He walked into the kitchen and saw Brizee cooking dinner. She looked up and saw him and Jason. She went and got Jason and held him.