Chapter Sixteen

Two months later, Jason was five months old and Nick was getting ready to go on tour. The girls and kids had to stay home. Nick was getting his bags ready. Brizee sat on the bed with Jason in her lap.

"I wish I didn't have to go, and leave you two behind," Nick said.

"We'll be fine," Brizee said.

"I'll just miss you guys," Nick said.

"And we will miss you, too, but we will be here when you come home," Brizee said. He smiled and kissed her softly and kissed Jason's forehead.

"I love you, so much, and you too, buddy," Nick said taking Jason in his arms. The phone rang.

"Yeah, what, really, okay, bye," Nick said.

"What," Brizee said.

"Get your stuff and Jason's and let's go, you and the girls, and the kids are coming with us, Kevin got it approved with Johnny," Nick said. Brizee packed her bags and Jason's and went to meet up with the guys. They boarded Nick's bus. They headed out on the road. Brizee sat down on the couch with Jason and Nick sat down. He stroked Brizee's cheek.

Two weeks later, they were in New York and Jane had called wanting to see them. She apologized for what she said and she wanted to make it up to them. Nick had to be at the venue so Brizee made the trip to Jane's house with Jason.

That night, Nick came backstage and didn't see his wife and son. He looked at Billy.

"I haven't seen them," Billy said. He called Brizee's cell phone and went straight to voicemail.

"What time do we have to leave," Nick said.

"Like now," Billy said.

"Tell the guys I'll catch up, I have to go to my mother's," Nick said. Billy nodded and went and told the guys. Nick got his stuff together.

"Nick," Brian said.

"Something is going on, she said she would be back for the show with Jason, her phone is going straight to voicemail," Nick said. Brian looked at Kevin.

"Let's go to your mother's," Brian said. They got into a car and drove to Jane's. Nick called his dad who didn't live far from Jane's house to meet them there. They arrived just as Bob did. They went up to the door. Nick rang the doorbell. Jane opened the door with Jason in her arms.

"Hi honey," Jane said. Nick took his son.

"Where's my wife," Nick said.

"She's gone, Nick, she left Jason with me and took off," Jane said. Nick saw the car Brizee had.

"Why is the car here," Nick said.

"She walked," Jane said.

"What is going on!" Nick said.

"She left, Nick, I'm sorry, she said she couldn't handle being your wife and she said Jason deserved better than her," Jane said. Brian heard a noise coming from upstairs. The guys went in. Brian and AJ went upstairs and saw Brizee tied up on a bed in a spare room.

"Oh god, Nick!" Brian said. He untied her as Nick came in with Jason.

"Briz!" Nick said.

"What is going on, Jane, why did you lie," Bob said.

"Jason deserves a better mother," Jane said.

"There is no better mother for him than Brizee, have you gone insane!" Nick said.

"She isn't doing it right," Jane said.

"Yes, she is, Mom, she knows what to do, she practically helped raise her nephews, she took care of them when they were babies, and her niece, she knows what she's doing, Mom, I don't know what you think she's doing wrong but from what all of us can see, she's the best mother ever, Jason is everything to her and me, she puts his needs before hers," Nick said.

"You have gone overboard, Jane," Bob said.

"I'm just protecting my grandson," Jane said.

"From what, his own mother?" Kevin said.

"Yes," Jane said.

"Let's get out of here, you are nothing to me, no more trying to fix things, no more of anything, we are done," Nick said helping Brizee up after giving Jason to her. He carried them downstairs and out the door. He let her down and held Jason as she got into the car she came in. Brian handed her purse to her. Nick settled Jason into the car seat. He got in and looked at his wife. She looked at him. He held her hand.

"You okay," Nick said.

"I will be, once we are away from here," Brizee said. He started the car and drove to the venue. The guys followed. Nick parked and got out and got Jason. Brizee got out.