Chapter Nineteen

The next morning, Nick woke up to his cell phone ringing. He reached over and picked it up.

"Yeah," Nick said sleepily. Brizee woke up.

"Hey Frack, everything okay," Brian said.

"Yeah, just fine," Nick said. He looked at Brizee and smiled as he saw she was awake and watching him. She snuggled up to him.

"You and Briz make up?" Brian asked.

"Yup," Nick said kissing her forehead.

"Is it okay if we come over, Leighanne wants to take Brizee shopping," Brian said.

"Yeah, it's cool, see ya," Nick said. He hung up.

"What's up," Brizee said.

"Brian and Leighanne are coming over, Leighanne wants to take you shopping," Nick said.

"Oh, I just wanted to lay here in your arms all day," Brizee said. Nick smiled and kissed her softly.

"We can do that later," Nick said. They got up and got dressed. Brizee looked in the mirror.

"You look fine, baby," Nick said. She smiled and kissed him deeply and went downstairs while Nick got Jason changed. He came downstairs with him and Brizee fed him. She kissed Jason's forehead. Nick hugged his wife and son close to him.

"I love you both so much," Nick said.

"And we love you, right, sweetie," Brizee said. Jason smiled up at his daddy.

"Dada," Jason said. Brizee looked at Jason and looked at Nick. Nick was smiling.

"His first word!" Brizee said.

"Say something else, buddy," Nick said.

"Dada," Jason said.

"Can you say mama?" Nick said holding him. Jason looked at him. Brizee smiled.

"He will say it when he is ready, he said his first word, that's all that matters, he's trying to talk," Brizee said. Nick smiled and hugged her close. They went into the living room just as Brian and Leighanne came in with Baylee.

"Hey guys," Brian said.

"Hey, you guys just missed it, Jason said his first word," Brizee said.

"That's great, what did he say?" Brian asked.

"Dada," Nick said smiling.

"That's it?" Leighanne asked.

"Yeah, he said it twice," Nick said.

"Briz," Leighanne said.

"What," Brizee said.

"You okay with that," Leighanne said.

"Of course, he's trying to talk, it doesn't matter what his first word is, all that matters is that he's trying to talk," Brizee said. She got her purse and kissed Nick and Jason and she and Leighanne left. Nick sat down with Jason as Brian got Baylee settled with a DVD.

"So is she really okay?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I mean, he may have said Dada for his first word but all that matters is that he's trying to talk," Nick said.

Two weeks later, Nick was at a tour meeting. Jason was sleeping. Brizee was doing laundry when the doorbell rang. She went and looked out and saw her dad. She opened the door.

"Hey Dad," Brizee said as he hugged her.

"Hey, I thought I would come down and see you and my grandson, and my son-in-law," Craig said.