Chapter Twelve

A few hours later, Billy helped her down to the couch and got her settled and she picked a movie and he put it in. The front door opened and closed. Brian, Leighanne, Kevin, Kristin, AJ, Rochelle, Howie, and Leigh came in.

"Hey Briz!" Brian said as they all sat down.

"Hey guys," Brizee said.

"Where's Nick," Kevin said.

"On his way to New York with Jane," Brizee said.

"Jane was here," Howie said.

"Yeah," Brizee said. She told them what was going on.

"I hope this is for real, that she wants a relationship with him again," Brian said. Brizee grabbed her stomach.

"Briz," Leighanne said.

"Something's wrong," Brizee said. They took her to the hospital. She told them not to call Nick.

"Briz, he is your husband and the father," Brian said.

"But he needs to go with his mom and say goodbye to Leslie, he needs that chance," Brizee said. She was sitting in an examine room and Brian was with her. Dr. Kelly came in and examined her. Brizee told her what had happened that day.

"You need to stay relaxed and calm, Brizee, no stress, which means no yelling, getting worked up over something, you need to stay stress-free," Dr. Kelly said. Brizee nodded.

"I didn't know I was getting that way, I was staying calm," Brizee said softly. Brian helped her out to the waiting room. They went to the house. Brian got Brizee settled into bed and went downstairs.

"Okay, no one is allowed up there that isn't anyone in this room right now, we should stay here until Nick gets home, Baylee is with Leighanne's folks, he'll be okay," Brian said.

"Mason is with my mom so he'll be okay," Kevin said.

"And James is with Mama D, he'll be okay, so we are all agreed, we are not leaving until Nick gets home," Howie said.

"And after that, you guys go on, me and Rochelle will stay here and help them," AJ said looking at Rochelle who nodded.

Three days later, Nick came home and saw them all there.

"Hey guys," Nick said.

"Hey Frack, how did things go," Brian said.

"Good, emotional," Nick said. Brian hugged him.

"Briz told us everything," Brian said. Nick looked around and saw sleeping bags.

"Did you all stay here," Nick said.

"Yeah, we decided to stay until you got back," Howie said.

"And AJ and Rochelle are going to stay longer and help you guys out," Kevin said.

"Is Briz okay," Nick said.

"Nick, after you left, she had another scare, she's fine, the baby's fine, she just need to stay calm and relaxed and no stress so we all decided to stay with her," Brian said.

"Why didn't you guys call me," Nick said.

"She told us not to, we wanted to but she said you needed the chance to say goodbye to Leslie with your mother and family," Brian said. Nick sighed.

"She still should have called me," Nick said.

"Nick, don't be mad at her," Kevin said.

"I can't," Nick said. He went upstairs and went into the bedroom and sat on the bed. Brizee woke up and saw him.

"Hey baby," Nick said.

"They told you," Brizee said.

"Yeah, don't keep me in the dark," Nick said.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted you to have the chance to say goodbye to Leslie with your family, you needed that chance," Brizee said taking his hand. He brought her hand up and kissed it and laid down beside her and kissed her and rubbed her stomach. She put her hand over his.

"I don't know what I would do if I lost you or our baby boy," Nick said. He rested his head on her shoulder. She kissed his forehead. They heard the doorbell rang.

Brian got up and opened the door and saw Lauren standing there. Kevin came to the door.

"Lauren, what are you doing here," Kevin said.

"I wanted to talk to Nick," Lauren said.

"About what, we've told him what you did," Kristin said.

"Was he mad?" Lauren said.

"What do you think, Lauren, you set him up in a marriage, to cover up the fact you met another guy and didn't want to hurt him, but you did, but that doesn't matter anymore, he and Brizee got to know each other, fell in love, and now they are having a baby," Brian said.

"And they are happy together?" Lauren said.

"Yes, they are, very happy and deeply in love with each other," Brian said. Nick came downstairs and saw her.

"What are you doing here," Nick said.

"I wanted to talk to you," Lauren said.

"What is there to talk about, Lauren, you made your choice, you wanted to save me pain by getting me married to someone else so you have the excuse to leave me and all this for another guy, what happened, things didn't work out with him," Nick said. Lauren looked at him.

"Actually they are, I'm engaged," Lauren said.

"Congrats, I hope you are happy with him, I want to thank you, for what you did, she is an amazing person, she has nothing to gain by being my wife, she loves me for me and not for what she can get out of it," Nick said.

"Well, I'm happy for you, have a nice life, Nick," Lauren said. She left. Nick looked at the guys and went back upstairs. He laid down on the bed and watched his wife sleep. He rested a hand on her stomach.