Chapter Ten

Two months later, Brizee was four months along and they were headed for Kansas City. She had called her mom on the bus and they arranged for her parents to come to the venue. They arrived and went backstage. Brizee sat in Nick's dressing room rubbing her expanding stomach.

"Honey," Nick said sitting beside her.

"I'm fine," Brizee said. He put a hand on her stomach.

"You sure you want to find out the sex of the baby early," Nick said.

"Yeah, want to get the nursery ready," Brizee said. Nick kissed her forehead. Billy poked his head in.

"They are here," Billy said. Nick helped Brizee up and they walked down the hall and saw her parents talking with Brian.

"Mom, Dad," Brizee said. They saw her and came over and hugged her.

"Hey honey," Susan said.

"How are you feeling?" Craig said.

"Tired, but happy," Brizee said.

"Your father and I talked and we came to a decision, we can't wait to be grandparents again, we support your decision, it's your life, Briz, it was your choice, Nick really helped us out and he is family, and so are the guys and girls and kids," Susan said looking at everyone.

"Mom," Brizee said.

"What, Briz," Susan said. Brizee hugged her.

"I love you," Brizee said.

"I love you, too," Susan said. Craig hugged them both.

"Nick, come here," Craig said. Nick joined the hug.

"Brian, Leighanne, Kevin, Kristin, Howie, Leigh, AJ, Rochelle, you guys take great care of Nick and Brizee and please take great care of our grand baby," Susan said.

"We will," they said.

"How long can you guys stay," Nick said.

"Karly is at Alycia's, they are coming for the show, the boys are with Blake so we can stay for the show," Susan said.

"Okay, you can sit in the VIP booth with the girls," Nick said. Susan smiled.

"And Karly and her friend can when they get here," Brian said. Susan sent her a message. An hour later, the guys were onstage rehearsing while the girls and Brizee's parents sat in the front row. Billy brought Karly and Alycia in. Karly and Brizee hugged. Brizee introduced Karly and Alycia to the girls. Tommy brought Baylee, James, and Mason to their moms. Brizee introduced the kids to her parents, Karly, and Alycia. Karly and Alycia played with them and formed an instant bond with the kids. Soon, Karly and Alycia sat with the kids and watched the guys. The guys took a break and sat down and Brizee introduced Karly and Alycia. Billy brought in her brother and nephews. They all were introduced to the girls.

That night, Brizee, Rochelle, Kristin, Mason, Leighanne, Baylee, Leigh, James, Karly, Alycia, Blake, Kenny, TJ, Susan, and Craig were in the VIP section watching the show. After the show, they went backstage. Kevin came out of the showers followed by Howie and AJ. Brian and Nick came out. Brizee hugged her family. Blake left with her nephews. Karly and Alycia said bye to everyone and hugged the kids and left. Craig and Susan were the last to leave. Brizee and her mother hugged.

"You keep me informed, and call when it's time," Susan said. Brizee nodded and they hugged and her parents left. She watched them leave. Nick hugged her.

Two months later, the tour was over and they were home for four months before going to Europe. Brizee was in bed resting. She recently had a scare and was told to rest most of the time and only getting up to use the bathroom and shower. Nick came in with a glass of juice. He put it on the nightstand and sat on the bed and rubbed her stomach.

"Your mom called, she wants to come down but has to wait for a good time to go on a long vacation, she said she has three weeks of vacation," Nick said.

"I need to call her and tell her to wait until it gets close to my due date," Brizee said.

"I'll call, you rest, okay," Nick said. Brizee nodded. He kissed her forehead.

"I love you," Brizee said.

Two days later, they were at the doctor's office for a checkup.

"She's been resting," Nick said. Dr. Kelly nodded.

"So far, you are out of danger, but I still want you to rest as much as possible," Dr. Kelly said.

"I will," Brizee said.

"You two wanted to know the sex of the baby, right," Dr. Kelly said.

"Yeah, we want to get the nursery ready," Nick said.

"Well, plan for blue, you two are having a boy," Dr. Kelly said. Brizee looked at Nick. He kissed her forehead. They went home and he settled her into bed.

"So you are happy," Brizee said.

"I would have been happy either way, honey," Nick said.

"Okay," Brizee said. He laid beside her and held her as she went to sleep.