Chapter 25: Tyrian

(2nd person view)

You sit meditating within the wooded area surrounding you. You could feel the slight breeze of the cloudy day on your skin as you emptied your mind, allowing yourself to relax. The rustling of the trees and the flow of the grass filled your ears, bringing a feeling of serenity with it. Suddenly, out of the blue, Chuck Norris springs from the tree's and attempts to land an ax kick to your head. You barely roll out of the way before jumping to your feet. You get into a fighting stance, awaiting Chuck's next move as the two of you lock eyes. Quickly, Chuck closes the distance, throwing an overhead punch fast enough it caused the air to crack. You lean out of the way, still getting knocked back by the sonic boom. You quickly close the distance using a flying side kick that Chuck pushes out of his way. Once you land, you turn to face your opponent only to barely catch a quick jab to the face. You throw his fist back, letting loose a left hook that barely grazes Chuck's cheek. The impact however still managed to tear skin, leaving behind a slight cut. Touching his cheek, Chuck notices the blood only to tighten his fists and throw a roundhouse kick to your side. The kick connects, sending you through tree after tree until you roll on the ground. You get up quickly to see Chuck leaping into the air, a punch heading down onto you. Quickly, you roll out of the way sweeping him off his feet. Right before Chuck lands on the ground you stand up and throw a massive punch to his chest, propelling him into the ground.
The earth shakes as the ground around Chuck craters in. You slowly approach the cratered ground before Chuck leaps out, landing in a fighting stance once more. You throw the first kick, quickly snapping your front leg forward to force a reaction out of your opponent. Chuck simply dodges, leaning out of the way while loading up a left hook. The power shot almost connects until you activate your semblance, the aura around you sending Chuck back. You turn to face your opponent, only to immediately dodge a lethal roundhouse thrown at your head. You were on the defensive again as Chuck threw out a barrage of attacks, some of which you were able to dodge and others you had to actually block. Eventually, you found a chance to counter when Chuck threw a right cross. You loaded your left hook, throwing it at your opponents head. The shot connected and before Chuck had time to react you threw a powerful back spin kick to the legendary martial artist's head. The kick sent the man flying until he finally landed on his back. You quickly closed the distance, throwing a punch and holding it an inch away from Chuck's face.
"Concede" you say, your silver eyes beaming into your opponents.
"Well done (Y/N), I have to say I'm very impressed." Chuck says pushing himself off the ground.
You deactivate your semblance, causing your aura to go down and your hair and eyes to revert back to their normal color. You bow to your opponent, as he does so as well.
"You fought valiantly, pushing me to use power I haven't used since I fought Bruce Lee for the first time." Chuck said dusting himself off.
"I couldn't have done any of this without you, Master Norris." You say.
"Your too kind, now I believe this is where we part ways."
"Excuse me? Part ways?"
You stood shocked, not understanding what your new master and traveling partner had meant.
"I've done what I needed to. Now you've got your job to do." Chuck says walking off into the woods.
"You mean to tell me after six months you're just gonna leave? I'm out here alone! I thought you were gonna at least take me to Mistral!" You shout, angry and confused.
"My job was to get you back into fighting shape and to help you master your semblance. Now that both of those are done we go our separate ways. But this ain't goodbye forever. You'll still be seeing me plenty. Besides, you ain't as alone as you think on this trail."
And with that, the legendary martial artist disappears into the woods. You stood alone, confused at the situation. How could he just leave you by yourself? Of course you could fend for yourself with ease yet it made little sense to you in the moment. You had little time to dwell on this however, as you heard gunshots and explosions going on in the background. You rushed towards the commotion, coming across an abandoned village. You ran through the village arch before seeing a scorpion faunas with a long ponytail and claw like weapons attacking some very familiar faces.
Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Ruby.
Right now, the group wasn't fearing well against their opponent, Both Jaune and Ren being essentially tossed aside before the assailant has focused on Ruby. Not allowing this one sided beat down to continue any longer, you rushed the scorpion faunas. Before anyone could acknowledge your presence you had leaped into the air, jumping over a kneeling Ruby before landing an overhead punch strong enough to send the foe back into a building. You then turn around, facing your old friends who were dumbstruck just seeing you again.
"(Y/N)? Is that really you?" Ruby asked.
"Yeah Rubes, it's me." You say with a smile.
Your younger sister returns the smile before looking past you, her eyes widening in shock.
"(Y/N) behind you!" She shouts.
Right as you turn around, you see the faunas lunge his scorpion tail towards you. You got into a stance, however the strike never came. Instead in the blink of an eye, Qrow blocked the shot from behind his back with his sword facing you and Ruby.
"(Y/N)? Your alive?" Qrow asked.
"I'll explain later. Right now, we have a problem." You say as your uncle turns around, facing your opponent.
"Oh boy, new playmates. Hopefully these two put up a better fight." The scorpion faunas says gleefully.
"Look pal, I don't know who you are. But you better leave my niece and her friends alone." Qrow says brandishing his sword.
"Oh friend my name is Tyrian, and I'm afraid that is not possible."
"And why would that be?" You chime in.
"I have orders from my grace to retrieve this young girl. So, that is what I must do. However I do say she will be very interested in you as well, (Y/N) (L/N)." Tyrian says swooshing his tail back and forth.
"Your grace? You mean Salem?"
"You would be correct, now I believe we've had enough to talk."
The second Tyrian finished his sentence he lunged at you while lashing his tail at Qrow. The older huntsman blocks the tail with his sword while you block the initial strikes from the scorpion faunas. You throw a jab at Tyrian which he manages to dodge whilst blocking an overhead swing from Qrow with his tail. The scorpion faunas twists his body, using his tail like a mace to create space between the three of you. Quickly, you close the distance, throwing a barrage of punches and kicks towards Tyrian, all of which he manages to block. You manage to catch Tyrian with a straight jab to the face, stunning your opponent. Using this, Qrow leaps over you before laying out his own combo with his sword that Tryian blocks with his claw gauntlets. The process of combo, break away, then tag out continues, with you tagging in leading with a flying side kick to Tyrian's chest which sends him flying through building after building. You and Qrow rush the faunas warrior before suddenly, a wooden support beam comes down on you out of nowhere. You manage to punch the beam in two but in the midst of the chaos, Tyrian appears from the rubble of a building lunging his tail towards your torso. You catch the tail, holding the surprisingly strong appendage just a few inches away from your chest. With Tyrian immobilized, you pull your opponent towards you by his tail before delivering a side kick to his jaw, sending him skywards. That's when Qrow transforms from a bird, slashing at the scorpion faunas sending him down towards the ground.
You and Qrow group back up before rushing to see Tyrian on the ground, aura broken and overall pretty banged up. Qrow points his sword at the defeated opponent, getting the attention of the man you both defeated.
"Give up Tyrian, you've lost." You say.
"No, I will not fail my Queen!" The scorpion faunas yells out.
Just then you sense an attack. You dodge yet Qrow was not so fortunate. You turn to see your uncle pierced by Tyrian's tail. You quickly activate your semblance, the force put out sending the two apart.
"That was a mistake." You say.
Tyrian looks at you, his purple eyes meeting your now silver eyes. The scorpion faunas desperately lunged at you, attempting to fowl you the same way he did your uncle. However you simple caught your opponents tail without flinching. With fear in his eyes, Tyrian embraced for a punch. However you simply grabbed his tail with your other hand, ripping it in half. Tyrian let out a guttural scream, pain and agony echoed out in his cries. Barely regaining his composure, the scorpion faunas tries to get into a fighting stance as you reassume your own. By your side you are joined by Ren, Jaune, and Nora, the three ready to fight as well. Tyrian simply held his hands out in surrender before muttering to himself,
"She will forgive you."
And with that, he ran out of the abandoned town.
You deactivate your semblance, turning to your best friends. The three of them drop their weapons, embracing you in a hug. You hug back, happy to see all of them again until you hear someone let out a groan of pain. The four of you look to see Ruby checking in Qrow, who was holding his torso where he had been stabbed. Taking his hand off the wound, he reveals a purple poison mixed in with his own blood. You rush to help your uncle along with the rest of the group.
"Qrow, are you okay?" You ask, helping him to his feet.
"I'll live, but for now I've got one question." The older huntsman asks behind his grunts of pain.
"What would that be?"
"How did you survive?"