Chapter 5: Way of the Dragon pt. 2

(2nd person view)

     You're currently gliding through the air, looking down at the trees below. You slowly start to descend and land smoothly on a tree. You run and jump from tree to tree before making it to a clearing in the woods. Then you jump from the branch, do a flip, and land on the ground. You start to head north to find the relics until you hear movement behind you. You pull out your tonfas and get into a fighting stance. You turn around just in time to see a Beowolf ready to jump at you. You jab the Grimm with the dull end of your tonfa befor stabbing it with the other one. You give the Beowolf a strong kick, sending it flying into a tree, breaking the tree on impact. Three more come out of hiding so you flip your tonfa into their pistol mode and shoot at them. Your able to kill two but the one lands a lucky hit on you, scratching your abs, drawing blood.

 Your able to kill two but the one lands a lucky hit on you, scratching your abs, drawing blood

(A/N: seem familiar?)

     You smile, knowing that Grimm had screwed up big time. You put your tonfa away before laying down a barrage of punches to the Beowolf's chest before side kicking the Grimm straight through the chest, killing it instantly.
     "No so tough are you?" You asked the pile of dust.
     You make your way north, luckily not running into anymore Grimm. You arrive to see a ruined temple with chess pieces scattered throughout.
     "Hmm, options, options, options." You say before picking up a white king piece.
      "Guess I'll go with this."
     You run back towards the school as quickly as possible, hoping not to run into another Grimm. Your wishes though are soon crushed as a giant Nevermore grabs your arm and flies away. You pull out your tonfa ready to shoot it until two voices stop you.
     "Wait!" The voices yell out.
     "Weiss? Ruby?" You yell, confusion clouding your mind. Almost enough to make you forget a giant nevermore is holding on to you by the arm.
     "We're using the nevermore to get to the temple! Don't kill it yet!" Ruby explains.
     "That's a stupid idea! This thing could kill you both!" I yell.
     "That's what I told her!" Weiss says.
     "Look, the temple should be right below us! I'm killing this thing now!"
     "Wait how are we supposed to land?"
     You ignore them as You shoot at the nevermore, hitting it dead in the joint the wing attaches to the body. With only one wing, the nevermore should crash, dying on impact. And would you look at that you were right. The nevermore plummeted to the ground, landing right next to the temple. You pull yourself out from under the Grimm, sighing since your back where you started.
     "What was that?" Another voice said.
     I turned to see Blake and Yang standing in the temple ruins staring in awe.
     "A giant nevermore, it was carrying a few stowaways." I say as Weiss and Ruby pull themselves out from the now decaying Grimm.
     "Sis!" Yang yells running towards Ruby.
     "Oh happy reunion," You sigh walking back towards Blake. "How's it going?"
     "Oh you know, just your everyday event of being launched into the forest." Blake replied.
     You nod and jerk your head to see two people coming to the scene riding an ursa and two others running from a deathstalker.
     "Eventful day huh?" You say to Blake
     "Definitely." She says as a girl with red hair slides right in front of you.
     "You look like you could use some backup, let me help." You say cracking your knuckles.
     You walk up to the deathstalker but before you could do anything, Ruby dashes up to the Grimm only to be knocked to the side. You shrug as the deathstalker turns its attention to you. It's stinger lunges at you with all its might, leaving you barely enough time to dodge. You dodge the next lung before the Grimm tries grabbing you with its claws. As they enclose around you, you push them away from you with all your force, letting out a fierce yell. You eventually jump out of its grip, grabbing one of the claws, and slicing it off with one of your tonfa. You use the other one to shoot at the joints of the other claw, rendering it useless. The Grimm lets out a shrill noise signifying pain. It then tries one last jab at you which you catch. You hold the stinger between your arm and body before bringing your foot down with an axe kick, breaking the stinger off. You toss the thing aside and you walk up to the deathstalker, staring daggers into its eyes. "Let me show you my one inch punch." You say getting into a stance before placing your fist and inch away from the Grimm's face. You let out a loud yell before driving your fist into the armored exterior of the scorpion like Grimm, killing it.
     "That was awesome!" Ruby yells out.
     "You'll have to teach me how to do that!" The ginger girl that rode in on an ursa exclaimed.
     "Right now, lets focus on getting back to Beacon." You say panting.
     The group of future huntsmen and huntresses nodded, grabbing the rest of the relics as they head back to Beacon.

(Timeskip)

"Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Phyrra Nikos, and Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward you will be known as, Team JNPR." Ozpin said to the newly formed team.
"Lead by, Jaune Arc. Congratulations young man." The headmaster finished as Jaune looked more confused than anything. Phyrra playfully punches him in congrats, knocking him down.
"We're next!" Ruby whisper shouted as her, Yang, Blake, and Weiss walked to the stage.
"Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward you will work together as, Team RWBY. Lead by Ruby Rose." Ozpin said. Weiss looked a bit awe struck and Yang went to hug Ruby.
     You simply watched as your sisters celebrate, a part of you feeling disgusted that they have such a privilege. You keep yourself in check until your name is called.
     "And lastly, (Y/N) (L/N). You obtained the white king piece. Usually under these circumstances you'd be sent home and told to try again next year, but due to your martial arts prowess you are aloud to be on a one man team. Let's also not forget you killed a giant nevermore and a deathstalker singlehandedly." Ozpin says as the footage of you killing both Grimm is played for everyone to see.
     You smile and thank Ozpin before walking down from the stage to be met by team RWBY.
     "(Y/N)? Is it really you?" Ruby asks.
     "Please do not talk to me." You say trying to walk away.
     "(Y/N), please talk to us. Do you know what its like to wake up and find out your brother is missing?" Yang asks you.
     You whip around, staring at the two of them while Blake and Weiss just watched.
     "Do the two of you know what its like to be beaten, starved, and neglected everyday? Do the two of you know how it feels to sleep on a cold, wooden floor with only a torn blanket to cover you? Do you know what its like to have a family that makes you feel like your worthless everyday?" You ask, letting your anger out.
     The two stare in silence. Ruby tears up about to cry while Yang simply rubs her shoulder.
     "That's exactly what I thought. Now please leave me be." You say but before you could go Yang grabbed your shoulder.
     The blonde brawler grabbed both of your shoulders and looked you in the eye. Her red eyes locked on straight into you (E/C) eyes.
     "You selfish ass! You left Ruby and I because of a few scrapes? Don't make up stories because I remember treating you fine!" Yang yelled.
     "Then you are even farther twisted than your father. If you are so blind to your own actions then you do not deserve my forgiveness."
     Yang is about to throw a punch before a voice clears behind her.
     "Ms. Xiao Long, may you and your sister follow me to my office for a chat?" Professor Ozpin asks.
     The two sisters look at each other before following Ozpin to his office.
     "Are you alright?" Blake asked.
"That was, intense for lack of a better term." Weiss added.
"I've spent the last seven years channeling my anger in martial arts or suppressing it in meditation. It felt good to let it out, but I stray farther from my path." You reply.
"What exactly is this path of yours?" Weiss asks.
"To become like water, and unlock my semblance." You reply.
"How exactly does that work?" Blake asks.
"My master taught me to be like water, to adapt to any shape I'm put into. To be strong yet subtle. In shorter terms to be able to dodge any attack and attack back without thinking." You explain.
"I couldn't have said it any better myself." Someone says.
The three of you turn to see Bruce Lee walking into the ball room clad in a simple undershirt and blue pants. The martial arts master smiles and pats your shoulder.
"Of course I probably could've said it much better." He says smiling.
You smile back before talking.
"What are you still doing here Master Lee? I thought you'd leave after judging our performances." You ask.
     "And not tell my pupil he did great? You handle yourself very well, though your more like ice than water." He says.
     "Haha. What do you plan to do now?"
     "I actually will be making a movie. While judging Ozpin and I decided to film during the Vytal Festival to gain more attention. And well I'll be checking in from time to time. Don't need you blowing up like you did back there." Lee says, referring to how you handled the chat with your sisters.
     "Mister Lee, is there any chance you could share some wisdom with us before you depart?" Weiss asks with stars in her eyes.
     "It would be interesting to listen to what the best martial artist in the world has to talk about." Blake adds.
     "Ah girls, there's so much I could say. One lesson I taught (Y/N) is if you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." Bruce Lee says before making his exit.