Chapter 9: Gray Area

Your weekend was going by fairly normally. Train, eat, meditate, and this Saturday you plan on heading out and exploring Vale. You also got word from Master Lee that he was working on a movie and filming would start soon. He wanted you to be an extra but you had to turn him down to keep up with your classes.
"I wonder what Team JNPR is doing?" You ask yourself aloud.
You walk out of your room and walk down the halls until you hear yelling from Team RWBY's dorm.
Judging by the voices you deduce it's Weiss and Blake yelling at each other. You ignore it and continue to walk until you hear their dorm open. You turn to see Blake run out of her room, speeding down the hall. You rush back to Team RWBY's dorm and look to see the remaining three members in shock.
     "Someone wanna explain what happened?" I ask.
     Ruby was just about to say something before Weiss cut her off.
     "Apparently Blake is a Faunas and a member of the White Fang."
     "We don't know that yet!" Ruby yelled out, trying to defend her teammate.
     "She clearly stated that 'they' were tired of being pushed around." Weiss retorted.
     You sighed not wanting to hear their bickering but stick with it in concern for Blake.
     "Alright! You guys can argue later. What matters is Blake is gone. If a White Fang member she should be retrieved immediately. Or if she isn't, you three should find a fellow teammate." You say getting everyone's attention.
     "Just out of curiosity, why are you helping us (Y/N)?" Ruby asks.
     "I desire to help a misguided soul, much like Master Lee did with me." You say as Ruby looks down.
     "We'll start in the morning. You guys search the streets. I'll look in possible locations of White Fang activity." You say walking away from their dorm.

(Timeskip)

     It's currently morning. You and what was left of Team RWBY just got to Vale and immediately kicked off your search. You checked dust stores for recent robberies as well as asking around if they've seen a cat faunas. Right now your walking with Weiss as Ruby and Yang decided to split up to cover more ground.
     "You've been reluctantly looking this entire time Weiss, what's wrong?" You ask.
     "I just feel that she'd be better off on her own. After all she kept this secret from all of us."
     "And this has nothing to do with your faunas prejudice?" You ask.
     "I do not have a faunas prejudice! I simply don't care for the criminally insane." She retorts.
     "I understand your hatred for the White Fang, I'm not fond of them either. You see, my master and the White Fang don't exactly have a good relationship."
     "Why's that?"
     "Back when Master Lee was a boy a group of faunas kids would gang up on him. Once he started to learn martial arts, he beat up the faunas. Broke the head honchos jaw. Turns out that kid was the son of the leader of White Fang operations in Mistral. Since then the White Fang have been against my master, although they're smart enough to not start a fight." You explain.
     Weiss simply nods, taking in the information.
     There's an awkward silence between the two of you, that is until you decide to break it.
     "You do understand not all faunas are like the White Fang right?" You ask.
     "Of course. That's not the reason I'm mad. It's just most of the faunas I've been around have done nothing but try to hang my family and the company. So I think I'd be understandable that I'd have some trust issues." She says.
     "What about Blake?"
     "At this point I don't care. I'm more mad at the point that she lied to us, her team. However, if she is a member of the White Fang I will not hesitate to report her to the authorities."
     You nod, as nothing else needed to be said. The rest of the search was quite dull. You meet up with Ruby and Yang who apparently picked up someone else along the way. Her name is Penny and apparently they met yesterday. The five of you right now are just walking around town until you all hear an explosion coming from the docks.
     "That can't be good." Penny says.
     "Alright. Everybody, let's go!" Ruby says pointing to the docks.
     "Don't tell me what to do Ruby." You say sighing.