Chapter 19: What Would We Do with a Drunken Sailor

"Qrow." Winter sneers as the drunken man makes his way towards you two.
"Ice queen, and who's your little dance partner?" Qrow asks, his words a bit slurred signaling he's had a couple drinks.
"Uncle Qrow? It's me, (Y/N)." You say turning to face your uncle.
"(Y/N)? That can't be. I searched everywhere for the kid and couldn't find anything." Said Qrow, still looking you up and down trying to see the resemblance you bear to your younger self.
"Save the reunion, I have a brat to deal with Qrow so if you don't mind." Winter says pointing her blade my way.
"Hey, I need answers. Are you really (Y/N) Rose?" Qrow asks.
The sound of your old surname still stung, but you couldn't dwell much as Winter had launched her attack. You quickly spin and land a back kick to her chin, sending her back and causing the crowd to cheer. Winter uses a glyph to recover mid air and charges again at you at blinding speeds. She attempts to jab at you with her blade, only for you to either push the blade out of the way or outright dodge. Qrow eventually draws his weapon, coming in attempting to get the drop om Winter. The elder Schnee however quickly releases a smaller sword from her main blade, using it to block the drunken huntsman. You and your uncle begin to double team Winter, you landing significant strikes to the legs as Qrow attacked overhead. You could tell Winter was becoming overwhelmed and immediately sent Qrow away with a barrage of ice-birds. A bit confused, you shrugged off the random summoning of ice-birds and kept up on the attack. Winter slashes with her main blade before jabbing with the smaller one, leaving you solely on defense. You eventually catch Winter's smaller blade in your hands before it hits you, leading to you to break the short blade at the middle. Stunned by your action, you took the opportunity to land a finishing blow towards the elder Schnee. However, you are suddenly tagged in the back by a stray bullet from Qrow. You roll out of your fall, only to turn to see Winter's blade at your throat.
"You fought valiantly, however not valiantly enough." Winter says before raising her sword to strike.
"Winter no!" Weiss screams out.
"(Y/N)!" Ruby shouts out.
Winter ignores the calls to stop and proceeds to go for your throat until someone calls her name.
"Schnee!" A loud, booming voice shouts out.
Suddenly, all eyes are on General Ironwood, Professor Ozpin, and Mrs. Goodwitch.
"Everyone, there is one more fight tonight at Amity Arena. I recommend heading there for better seating as well as popcorn." Ozpin says as Glynda fixes the damage done to the courtyard.
"Schnee, come with me." Ironwood says as a defeated Winter follows like an obedient dog.
"Qrow, (Y/N). A word." Ozpin says as your uncle helps you to your feet.

(Timeskip)

"What were you three thinking?" Mrs. Goodwitch shouts.
"I was merely testing the ability's of my sister's suitor until this drunk intervened." Winter says.
"So you attack a first year, then proceed to fight a fellow huntsman?"
"He was drunk!"
"He's always drunk!"
Everyone then turned their attention to you and Qrow, as the ladder is taking a swig of his flask and you were flipping off Winter.
"Mr. (L/N), such behavior is unlike you. I know your much better than this." Ozpin said.
"With all due respect, I don't take kindly to pompous bitches thinking they can walk all over someone because of rank." You say giving Winter a death glare.
"You have guts talking about one of my specialists like that." Ironwood says,
"Sorry General, but I merely speak the truth."
"Schnee, is this true?"
"I was addressing Weiss until he became defensive, leading to the battle." Winter said.
"You call insulting Weiss 'addressing her'?" You say getting defensive again.
"Schnee, we will talk about this on my airship. You are dismissed." General Ironwood says.
"But General-" Winter starts until Ironwood gives her a look, leading her to leave Ozpin's office.
"Mr. (L/N). Next time a situation similar to this arises, try to handle it a bit more calmly." Ozpin says rubbing his temples.
"Understood."
"Now Qrow, to what do we owe the pleasure."
Qrow finishes his drink before he begins to speak.
"First off, I have valuable info in our enemy. But can we trust him?" He says pointing your way.
"I've been meaning to let him know for some time." Oz says only confusing you.
"Well first off, Salem's got spies here. And they ain't planning anything nice." Qrow says.
"And who is this Salem?" You ask.
"An ancient evil that threatens the very existence of Remnant. Her horde of Grimm and those who follow her are out there. Stirring trouble and it's our job to stop her." Ozpin says.
"And more people don't know about her why?" You ask.
"The knowledge of her existence alone would lead to mass panic among the kingdoms. And while mighty, the kingdoms cannot handle the insurmountable amount of Grimm that would come our way."
"Basically if everyone knew, everyone would be a target." Qrow said.
"Alright, now continue." You say to Qrow.
"You're handling this very well, you sure you don't need a moment?" Ironwood asks.
"With light there is always darkness, balance must be kept in some form. Plus it only makes sense the Grimm have some form of master." You say.
"Anyway, as I said earlier Salem's got some crooks here in Beacon posing at students." Qrow says.
     "I am well aware." Ozpin says nonchalantly.
     "Oh well then, I guess me risking my butt out there to find info for you is meaningless."
     "Qrow, no ones saying anything about your skills in the field. We just so happened to be on top of the situation." Ironwood explains.
     "Oh, with the giant fleet in the sky? Who invited you and all of Atlas?" Qrow asks.
     "I extended an invitation to General Ironwood to visit Beacon with the students coming from Atlas. What I didn't expect was a fleet hovering over Amity Arena." Ozpin says.
     "Oz, with the fleet over Amity we can assure the safety of everyone." Ironwood says in his defense.
     "Yes but General, by summoning an army you cause the citizens of Beacon to question what we are 'protecting'. Why bring forth an army to defend kids trained to defend the world? Unless you mean to secure peace by preparing for war." You say.
     "Mr. (L/N) brings up a valuable point. Now if there's nothing else to be discussed you are all dismissed." Ozpin says as everyone heads towards the elevator.
     "(Y/N), meet me at team RWBY's dorm." Qrow says before the elevator door closes.
     Once the elevator is on it's way down, you turn to face Ozpin, still seated at his desk.
     "Is there anything else I can do for you      (Y/N)?" Ozpin asks.
     "Nobody seeks destruction without reason. So why does Salem seek to destroy the kingdoms?" You ask sitting down.
     "(Y/N), do you know why the four schools were built?"
     "To train the next generation of huntsmen and huntresses I presume? Or are you aiming to protect something?"
     "Very clever. The four schools were built to protect four relics, gifts left behind from the gods who once protected Remnant." Ozpin explains.
     "And what are these four relics?" You ask.
     "The relics embody the four gifts the gods left for humanity. Choice, knowledge, creation and destruction. Why Salem wants the relics I do not know." Ozpin says.
     "I assume stealing one of these relics isn't as simple as infiltrating the academy's. How does one gain access to the relics?"
     "Only a maiden assigned to a specific vault can gain access to the relics. Which brings me to the topic of the Four Maidens."
     "Maidens are real. I know." You say.
     "You do?" Ozpin asks a bit concerned.
     "Fairy tales come from somewhere. And from what I understand magic isn't the most farfetched idea when the Branwen twins can transform into birds."
     "Fair enough, will that be all?" Ozpin asks.
     "For now, I understand I'm not to tell anyone this?" You ask as Ozpin nods.

(Timeskip)

     "What did you want old man?" You ask sitting in Team RWBY's dorm as your uncle plays against Yang and Ruby in some video game.
     "I wanted to know where you've been? I searched for you for years and came up with nothing." Qrow asks.
     "For the last seven years I was trained by Bruce Lee. He found me in the woods and took me in as his pupil."
     "Wow, ya know kid I'm glad you found someone to take care of you. I'm just sorry I couldn't get to you first." Qrow says.
     "I'm past all that uncle, I've forgiven those two and Tai. Now I can truly begin to live." You say.
     "Well come on, join the family. Bet you I can kick your ass." Qrow says shaking his video game controller.
     "You're on old man."
     "Oh! I call facing winner!" Ruby says.