Chapter 16: Game of Death

The days past like seconds until the time of the funeral. You couldn't stomach seeing him at the wake, opting out and attempting to meditate. Only to be met with tears. Bruce Lee had died. The autopsy claimed the cause of death was from an overdose. Those on set said he had a massive headache and he went to go take some medicine, only to find him dead in his trailer. You sat front row, along with his family. You had never met them, however they claimed you were like a second son to him. You felt even worse, knowing he had taken time out of his life, his family time, to train you. To be your master.

To be your father

You were asked to give a eulogy, to which you declined and allowed his daughter the honors. After everyone had spoken their peace, you helped bury your deceased master. Holding back tears the entire time. Deep inside you felt like crying, filling all of Remnant with your tears. Letting the kingdoms know your sorrow. You felt rage, for deep inside you felt this was no mere accident. You wanted to punch the closeted thing in your general area. While your girlfriends tried to comfort you, working to some degree, you became slightly distant. You couldn't focus on class, letting your grades drop to the dismay of Weiss.
     Right now, you were eating lunch, blankly staring at your food as Nora threw food at your head. Yang you could tell wanted to say something but would constantly shut herself up. Weiss, Blake, and Pyrrha knew better than to attempt conversation. However Jaune and Nora didn't.
     "Come on (Y/N), you gotta say something." Jaune said, earning a glare from Weiss.
     "I actually agree with Jaune, (Y/N) this isn't healthy for you." Ruby said.
     "You know we're here to help." Nora adds in.
     "I know. It's just... I've lost the closest person to me. I feel so conflicted again. There's also a part of me that's telling me this wasn't just an accident." You say.
     "He speaks!" Nora says, only to get nudged by Ren.
     "What do you mean, 'wasn't an accident?'" Pyrrha asks.
     "How much headache medicine does it take to overdose?" You ask, leaving everyone in thought.
     "If that's the case, who would want Bruce Lee dead?" Yang asks.
     "Do you think it's the White Fang?" Blake asks.
     "That's the most likely candidate, but for what aim? He hasn't interfered with their plans as of late." You say.
     "Unless they just didn't want to take that risk." Weiss adds.
     "Hey, they have Roman in custody. If he's working for the White Fang couldn't you just interrogate him for answers?" Jaune points out.
     You immediately jump out of your seat, making your way for the landing bay towards your private bullhead. As you walk, Weiss, Blake, and Pyrrha catch up to you running in front of you.
     "(Y/N), stop." Weiss says sternly.
     "You're still grieving, this won't solve anything." Pyrrha says.
     "Whether you find answers or not, it won't solve anything, only prolong your suffering." Blake says.
     You simply hug all three, giving them a quick embrace before continuing towards your bullhead. You get in, heading straight for the cockpit.
     "Marty, I'm gonna need you to fly us to Ironwoods flagship." You say.
     "No problem boss." He says as you leave, heading to the cargo bay and sitting.
     The flight was short, as the ships littered the skies around Beacon. Once landed, Atlas Personnel show up to question you. Not having time for their questions you just knock the two out by delivering two swift kicks to their heads. You make your way towards the interior of the ship, running into a few Atlesian Knights. You make quick work of the robots, dismantling them easily. Eventually though your luck ran out as General Ironwood himself came to see what the commotion was.
     "Knocking out my men, destroying my property. If I hadn't seen it was you I would've assumed it was Qrow." Ironwood says approaching you.
     "I want no quarrel Ironwood, I simply wish to speak with Roman Torchwick." You say, anger lacing your words.
     "For what ends?" Ironwood asks.
     "I have my reasons, now if you'd be so kind as to let me see him." You say in a threatening tone.
     The atmosphere became tense, you knew you had at least twenty trained guns on you as well as Ironwood who was no pushover. You could easily just activate your semblance and be done with them all however you don't feel like going through that pain again.
     "Very well, you have five minutes." Ironwood says as he takes you to the bridge.
     Once you arrive, you see a small, enclosed cell, the door having but a small gap allowing for someone to look in. Ironwood punches in the code, allowing the door to open, revealing Roman laying on his prison bed in a relaxed position.
     "Pajama boy! I wasn't expecting guests, come to finish the job?" The boisterous crime lord asks.
     You step into his cell, closing the door behind you. This only causes Roman to smile, seeing as Ironwood wouldn't have any control in what happens.
     "So why are you here kid, I'm assuming it's not to exchange numbers." Roman quickly says.
     You immediately grab his collar, slamming him into the wall, knocking the wind out of him. You reel your fist back, ready to punch him but instead leave it, ready to strike.
     "I'm only going to ask once, did you have anything to do with the death of Bruce Lee?" You say.
     "Well you could at least not have knocked the wind out of me, I like to be able to speak coherently. To answer your question plain and simple, no." Roman says struggling to take in air.
     You punch the crime lord in the face and throw him into the opposite wall, not satisfied with his answer.
     "I sense a lie, now tell me the truth!" You yell.
     "Kid, I'm smart enough to know when I'm in a bind. Where do I benefit lying to you?" Roman asks.
     "You have ties with the White Fang, I have a sneaking suspicion they had something to do with this."
     "Look, it's no secret those animals hate your former Master. But it's not like they tell me everything. I just get their men to help me with heists." Roman says.
     You snarl, delivering a low roundhouse kick to Roman's side. You then lower yourself to his level, looking him directly in the eyes before speaking.
     "If I find you're lying to me, I will personally end you."
     "Careful kid, life's a gamble. Your Master already lost that game, you wanna take your chances rolling those dice?" Roman said smugly.
     You walk away from the red headed crime lord, opening the door to the cell before closing it. Ironwood looks at you with sad eyes, as he heard everything.
     "Look kid, I know your still mourning the death of Bruce Lee, but the more you push yourself to find a conspiracy like this, the longer you prevent yourself from moving on. I also just got a message from Ozpin, he has something for you in his office." Ironwood says.