Chapter 4: Way of the Dragon

(Bruce Lee p.o.v.)

     "Mr. Lee! I can forgive the first time but what could compel you to strike one of my former students?" Ozpin yelled at me.
     "Normally I keep my composure when I run into evil. This time I cannot restrain." I say getting in a stance as Taiyang gets up.
     "Evil? What do you mean evil?" Tai asks.
     "Are you naive? Or just dumb. Or do you not remember what you did to my student, (Y/N) (L/N)? Originally your adopted son." I reply.
     Ozpin sits at his desk confused where Tai's expression is pure shock. The child he abused all those years ago was the son of one of the best martial artists alive.
     "I-I don't know what your talking about! I had a son but he died right around when summer died!" He lied.
     I punch this asshat in the face again, causing him to bleed. I motion for him to come at me which he replies by charging at me. I kick him in the face with a front kick and jab him in the shoulder causing him to stumble.
     "Enough! Bruce Lee, explain to me how you met your student." Oz says
     "I was in the forests of patch, finding my center again after being in the limelight. While I was facing off against some Grimm I found a little boy, a bruise on his face and dried blood on his face with a torn shirt used as bandages, covering what looked like were glass cuts. I taught him every martial art I could think of at the time. See if that could help him find peace. But the damage done by his former family was too much to overcome with just martial arts. So I had to become a father figure for him. Teach him more than just martial arts. The point is my student, my son, was beaten by this monster." I say staring at Ozpin while pointing to Tai.
"Tai, is this true?" Oz asks in pure awe.
The blond haired man was silent. His face looked as if every demon in his life had come back to haunt him. And rightfully so.
"Your face speaks enough, how could you Tai? You were an amazing student and a great father to Yang and Ruby. How could you stoop so low to beat a child?" Oz asks, anger building up.
"Ozpin, your going to trust this man? Your going to believe him over me?" Tai asks stunned, trying to allude from the main point.
"Mr. Lee is one of the best martial artists in the world and one of the best people readers. If he sensed evil when he came up here, then there must've been."
I stare at Taiyang with disgust before walking to the elevator.
"I cannot remain here any longer. I have already upset my balance by being here. The waves crash only for a time before going back to a gentle push. Though I will heed a warning. (Y/N) will not take happily to you being here and if I find out you caused him distress, I will show you the true power of a dragon." I say walking into the elevator.

(3rd person view)

Ozpin and Tai said in silence. Tai mostly felt fear and shock where Ozpin was pure anger.
"Taiyang Xiao Long. You better have a damned good excuse. If there is an excuse for beating a child." Ozpin said.
"Alright Oz, I did abuse that kid. He lived in an empty room and his only interaction with people was when I'd beat him or the girls made fun of him. It used to be different, we all used to be a big happy family. But when summer passed it was to hard to see him as my real son, it's like a part of me died when she died and he was the one who I took that pain out on." Tai explained, shedding a tear.
"While I understand your pain, under no circumstance is child abuse acceptable! Do you know what kind of reputation that puts on the school? On your team? If I find out that you or your daughters go near Mr. Lee's student and Harass him, they will be expelled and you will be reported to the police!" Oz yells.
     Tai tries to speak up but ultimately shuts himself up, walking away.
     "Goodnight Taiyang, and I pray to Oum that you are forgiven."

(2nd person view)

     Its currently morning at Beacon. You are in the locker room loading your tonfa pistols with fire dust rounds. You feel a familiar presence, almost deja vu, behind you. Quickly you turn, aiming the bladed end of your tonfa at a now frightened Yang.
"What's your deal guy? I just wanted to talk." Yang said.
"I act on instinct when something feels off, do not be offended." You say going back to loading your pistols.
Your about to insert the second magazine into your pistol until Yang grabs your arm, turning you around. She looks you dead in the eyes and you simply glare back. The staring contest goes on until Ruby chimes in.
"What's going on here?" She asks curious.
"Your sister is attempting to read me. I can sense she's having trouble." You say loading your last tonfa before walking off.
"Wait we still didn't get your name!" Ruby calls out.

(Yang's p.o.v.)

Something seems so familiar about him. It's like I know him from somewhere. I just can't put a finger on it.
"He's weird, but he kinda reminds me of (Y/N)." Ruby says.
"Yeah, he reminds me of him too kinda." I reply.

(2nd person view)

Right now everybody was at the cliff side by the Emerald Forest. We're all standing on launch pads as Ozpin begins to speak.
"For years, you have all trained to become warriors. And today your abilities will be evaluated in the emerald forest." Ozpin says.
"Now many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates. Today." The blond woman to Professor Ozpin's side says. You recall hearing the name Goodwitch but you'd rather not assume.
"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time at Beacon. So it is in your best interest that you be paired with someone with whom you work well with. That being said, the first person who you make eye contact with when oh first land will be your partner for the next four years." Oz adds.
You look over to see Ruby devastated. You give a smile seeing her in a bad position. Her face alone gave you a hint of satisfaction.
"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die. You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must take one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard the relic as well as your standing. Are their any questions?" Ozpin says.
You look over to a blond kid with some armor on over a hoodie try to say something but is ignored by Ozpin.
"One last thing. This year, we have the privilege of having an extra judge for your performance. Please welcome, World renowned martial artist Bruce Lee." Oz says as your master makes his way next to Ozpin.
There is chatter among the other soon to be students and a few you can make out are about autographs and pictures.
"Master Lee, I thought you said you were here for a movie." You ask, causing everyone except for Weiss, Blake, Yang and Ruby to gasp.
"I lied. Now, all of you are hear for a reason. Everyone. There are no mistakes in how fate works. So now, there is no looking back. Only look forward towards your goal, and you will succeed. Good luck, and (Y/N), show them how it's done." Bruce Lee says bowing as everyone claps.
Soon, kids are being launched from their platforms. The row gets smaller and smaller until Ruby, the blond kid, and you are left. You pull out your tonfa and get into a basic fighting stance.

 You pull out your tonfa and get into a basic fighting stance

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(A/N: something for reference)

"Uh sir? Do we get parachutes?" The blond kid asks.
"You will use your own landing strategy to make it to the forest below." Ozpin says.
Master Lee snickers at the kids question and you simply sigh as he and Ruby are launched.
"Remember (Y/N), like water." Master Lee says.
"Yes Master, I will do my best." You say, getting launched into the Emerald Forest.