Chapter 18: 4v1

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the Vytal Festival Tournament!" Professor Port says over the loud speaker.
     "To kick off today, we have a very special fight! We have Team VILT, a 3rd year team out of Shade Academy versus (Y/N) (L/N), a solo fighter out of Beacon. (Y/N) will fight solo through the 4v4, 2v2, all the way up to the singles round." Professor Ooblek remarks.
"So without further adieu, let the fight begin!" Port announces.
You stand on your side of the arena, analyzing your opponents. Victoria Bulitaña, the teams leader seemed to be an excellent marksman with her bow/bo-staff weapon. Ivy Agra was the most unique of the bunch, sporting what looked to be an electric guitar for a weapon. Luca Espinara wields a sword similar to Yatsuhashi's only hers seems like it's more than just a sword. And last but not least Talia Liddell seemed like she would be the biggest challenge to get close to with her razor whip.
"Looks like easy pickings girls, lets not mess this up." Victoria says grabbing an arrow from her hip quiver.
"Let's not jump that far ahead just yet Victoria, there's a reason he's facing us alone." Talia says.
The arena suddenly begins to shift into different biomes, your half being a dense forest with theirs being a frozen tundra. Without further notice the queue to start sounds and the action begins.
You find yourself slowly advancing, using the trees as cover since Victoria is laying down a barrage of arrows your way. As you near the middle of the arena, Talia and Luca flank your sides, both swinging at you. You jump up right before either can hit you, landing on top of Luca's massive blade. Before Luca could react you quickly flip off, firing a barrage of rounds at both her and Talia before landing and bringing your tonfa into their melee mode. You strike fast, hitting Talia in the gut with the blunt end of your tonfa before sending her into a tree with a side kick to the chest. Luca then swings at you with all of her might forcing you to block the strike with both tonfa. Luca's impressive frame began to tower over you as you're brought down to your knees. You then roll backwards, forcing Luca to stumble from the sudden weight shift. Just as you were about to strike Luca, you sense something coming your way and barely catch an arrow Victoria fires at you.
"What quick reflexes (Y/N) has!" Professor Port exclaims.
"I expect nothing less from the student of Bruce Lee, what a marvelous battle we are watching." Ooblek adds.
Back in the battle, you quickly are forced back on the defensive as the arrow barrage begins again. After what seems like a long pause in arrows, you slowly advance towards the ice before a bolt of electricity sends you flying back.
"Nice hit Ivy, let's make sure he doesn't get up." Victoria says transforming her bow into a bo staff.
You struggle to get up, still feeling numb from the electricity flowing through your body. You can see Victoria and Ivy approach you from the front and sense who you assume is Talia and Luca in the back. Victoria proceeds to then swing her staff at you, just barely missing as you were able to roll out of the way. Talia attempts to lash at you with her whip, only for you to kick the flat end of the blade knocking it down. Victoria quickly falls back as Ivy takes her place, getting ready to strum and knock you back again. You flip away from the oncoming wave of electricity, allowing the blast to hit Talia and Luca. Once those two go flying back, you pull your tonfa out, ready to cut the strings of Ivy's guitar until she flips the instrument around, turning it into an ax and blocking your strike. The two of you duel it out, Ivy swinging heavy overhead chops while you attempted to make quick jabs between blocks, all the while Victoria was shooting arrows your way. As your duel with Ivy went on, you could tell she was getting worn out. Her swings were taking longer to land and you could feel less strength behind every hit. Eventually Talia and Luca recovered, running in to assist their teammate. You took note, waiting for the perfect time to dodge. Once everyone was where you wanted you jumped out of the way, allowing Ivy to slash at her teammates and for Talia to hit Ivy with a lash of her whip.
"And it looks like Ivy Agra, Talia Liddell, and Luca Espinara's aura has dropped down the red. Leaving only (Y/N) and Victoria in the fight." Professor sport says over the PA system.
"What an excellent use of not only strategy, but analyzing your opponent and using their strength against them." Oobleck chimes in.
You make your way into the frozen tundra part of the map. Luckily, Victoria's green blouse will stick out like a sore thumb within the terrain. You undo the cloak you have around your body like a sash and properly put it on, helping you blend in with the piles of snow in the arena. Unfortunately for you, Victoria could see right though your camouflage, shooting an arrow just shy of your left ear. You throw off the cloak to distract Victoria as you quickly close the distance, preventing her from firing off any shots. You were about to deliver a powerful ax kick but Victoria was able to block with her bo staff just in time. The leader of Team VILT swung furiously at you, making it hard to dodge her strikes. Victoria then goes for a heavy blow, swinging her staff overhead. However you block the strike, pulling her staff away from her and landing a head kick to your opponent. Stunned but not out, Victoria gets into her own fighting stance ready to throw down with you. You strike first, attempting to hit her in the jaw but she blocks your strike, grabbing your arm and pulling you to the ground. Victoria then wraps her slim figure around your body, putting you in an arm bar in an attempt to sit and drain your aura. You struggle for a bit, eventually able to slip out of her arm bar and ax kick her in the gut, knocking both the wind and whatever aura she had left out of her.
     "And with a brutal ax kick to the stomach, (Y/N) has defeated Team VILT!" Port exclaims as Amity Arena bursts into cheer.
"You all fought well, thank you for the opportunity." You say bowing to your opponents as they all stand.
"Yeah, well let's try to get a rematch in place. I guarantee you won't be so lucky next time." Violet says smirking.