Chapter 23: Missing in Action

(6 months later)

     "The catastrophe at Beacon still plagues us all. To this day huntsmen and huntresses try to contain the Grimm problem, to little avail. Many brave souls died attempting to protect both Beacon and those in attendance of the Vytal Festival. Today we honor all that gave their lives to protect us." The reporter stated.
    Yang gazed mindlessly at the television, watching the news as that's all that's ever on. She reaches for the remote with her left hand, about to shut off the t.v. when a name under the deceased catches her eye
     (Y/N) (L/N).
     It was difficult to take the news. Qrow claimed he was turned to ash the same as Pyrrha, as only rubble and scorch marks were found in his last known spot. Ozpin's office. Even though their bond was fresh, it stung nonetheless. She could have had more time with her younger brother, yet she treated him like trash for so long. She truly couldn't keep those she cared for from leaving.
     "I'm home!" Tai shouts, carrying in groceries.
     The eldest Xiao Long however isn't greeted back, only met with his daughter blankly staring at the paused screen. (Y/N)'s name taking center place on the television.
     "Yang, I know it hurts. You two had just started acting like siblings. I can't imagine his death is sitting with you well." Tai says, taking a seat next to his oldest child.
     "We were so terrible to him, I used to treat him less than a broken doll. We put him through hell dad! And yet he still forgave us! And next thing I know he's gone before I could even tell him that I loved him!" Yang said, tears forming in her eyes.
     Tai, shocked at Yang's little breakdown, holds her close. This was the most emotion she had shown since the incident with Adam. Tai knew Yang's trauma would prevent her from opening up, but here she was. Hopefully soon she would console him about what happened that night.
     "I know we were. I know. The biggest regret of my life was using him as a way to vent for loosing Summer. I wanted to make it up to him more than anything. But I'm glad my final moments with him ended on a good note. When someone passes, you just gotta remember the good times. Don't focus on what you could've done and just be happy that they were a part of your life." Tai explained.
     "But why can I not stop thinking about the bad things we've done?" Yang asked, letting the tears flow.
     "We've all gotta live with our mistakes sweetheart. It's all a part of life. It's a matter of how you move forward and learn." Tai says, leaving the atmosphere silent as he continued to embrace Yang.

(Elsewhere, 2nd person view)

     The void hadn't been kind. It left you adrift, wandering the endlessness surrounding you. There was no start or end, just you. And it drove you mad. At first you tried moving, shouting for help, calling any name you could think of. Now, you just float. Contempt with your eternal damnation. Whilst floating however you noticed a flickering light in front of you. You lifted your arm, attempting to claw at it like a cat to a pole. The light continued to flicker before eventually going out, leaving you alone in the abyss.
     "Damn it! Damn it all to hell!" You shout, wanting to cry, scream, and punch something all at the same time.
     "You seem to be getting used to this place." An all too familiar voice says.
     "Master Lee?" You ask into the nothingness.
     Suddenly a brilliant light radiates from your late Master, as he walks effortlessly through the void towards you.
     "Yes, (Y/N). It is I." Bruce Lee says, bowing towards you.
     "So, am I dead? Is this how I spend the rest of my time? Floating like a log in a river in an endless abyss?"
     "No, you're merely unconscious. Using your semblance with that much output right off the bat nearly killed you. But now it's time for you to Master this new skill of yours."
     "How? You're dead and there's no one else in the world capable of this skill." You say.
     "There is another. And I believe he is closer than you think. Say does the name Chuck Norris ring a bell?" Bruce Lee asks.
     "I remember hearing that name once, it was after Beacon, but everything was cloudy. And now I'm here."
     "He will teach you everything you need to know about your semblance. He and I could fight toe to toe as equals. Now before you awaken, I must warn you. The world as you know it has changed, there are many things about it that you will not like."
     "Then I'll make sure the world becomes a better place for all."
     "That's my boy. Now rise, (Y/N). Rise and continue on. And remember, I am with you no matter what." Bruce Lee says, fading back into the abyss.
     You feel your body start to heat up, rising. Soon the void becomes flooded with light, as you open your eyes and set sight upon the world for the first time in six months.
    "Welcome back to the land of the living." A voice says.
     You were laid down on a sleeping back next to a campfire in the woods. It reminded you a lot of the seven years of training with Master Lee. Across from you, you see a bearded man wearing a cowboy hat clad in mostly denim poking at the fire with a beer in hand. The man looked up at you, smirking as both your eyes met one another.
     "Chuck Norris, it is an honor." You say attempting to get up.
     You manage to move your arms, however the second you try and push your body upwards a sharp pain trickles through your spine, causing you to fall right back down.
     "Slow down there kiddo, you haven't moved in six months. Your body probably doesn't remember how to move." Chuck said taking a drink of his beer.
     You lay on your sleeping bag beat. You heave heavily, taking in large breaths as you recover from the pain. You try one more time, forcing yourself through the pain to force your upper body upright. Eventually you get there, leaning forward a bit to meet eye level with Mr. Norris.
     "Well I'll be damned, you're a tenacious one aren't ya kid?"
     "You could say that, now how'd you find me?" You ask.
     "The universe works in mysterious ways. I was given a tip from the universe that you were alive, and on the top floor of that building back at Beacon."
     "Beacon, I remember fighting Cinder and then Pyrrha, Pyrrha! Is she okay?" You ask, jolting forward more causing more pain to pulse throughout your body.
     "I'm afraid I don't have that answer. I just know that ol' Ozpin bit the dust, and that Haven's gonna be next." Chuck says taking a swig of his beer again.
     "Then we have to get to Haven, prevent what happened to Beacon from happening there." You say.
     "Well first off, how do you expect to make your way to Haven? You can hardly sit up. Besides, it's not my place to save Haven. My place is to train you how to use your semblance."
     "How do you know I need training for my semblance?"
     "Bruce Lee, told me you still needed help. So my job is to teach you, and to be on my way."
     "But you have to help us! The world needs more people with the reputation of Chuck Norris!" You say.
     "No, at this point I'm nothing more than legend. Whilst the legends are true the world doesn't need a legend. It needs a hero. And you fit that role perfectly son." Chuck says smiling.
     "So when do we begin?" You say, determination in your voice.
     "Whenever you start walking again." Chuck says, finishing his beer.