Chapter 15: Breach in Security

You wake up slowly, not even remembering passing out. Slowly, you sit up whilst feeling a sharp pain shoot down your spine. You yell out in pain before hearing footsteps quickly becoming louder when Hanzo bursts into the room.
     "You're up. Good." The yellow clad ninja says.
     "When'd I pass out? I just remember fighting the Beringel then you saving my ass." You say.
"Shortly after the fight you just blacked out. I brought you back here to rest. Your semblance did a number on you."
You nod, remembering your fight with the gorilla like Grimm. You felt so powerful, so focused, yet you felt almost trapped in yourself. As if you were only a witness to your body fighting. You shook the thought out of your head as you attempted to stand, only to fall flat on your rear.
"I wouldn't attempt to move any time soon. Your aura will heal you in the foreseeable future but right now you need rest." Hanzo said walking out of the room.
     You sat alone, beginning to think about your semblance again. While you still needed to practice with it, was there any way to feel in control whilst fighting? Or would you just have to sit on standby. Perhaps Master Lee would have a solution to this.
     While you were in thought, Hanzo had come back into the room, bearing tea and some cups in his hands. He brings the tray holding everything and sets it in front of you, snapping you out of your train of thought.
     "I thought you'd need some refreshments." Hanzo said taking a cup and pouring the tea.
     "Thank you again for your hospitality Hanzo." You say as he hands you the cup.
     "While I wouldn't call someone barging into my home a warm welcome, I am glad we had bumped paths when we did." The yellow clad ninja says pouring himself a cup.
     You drink the hot beverage, feeling refreshed as Hanzo speaks up.
     "I checked again for survivors, I was still unable to find anyone. Our fight must have brought out the Grimm." Hanzo explains.
"I am sorry again for the loss of your village, I had held hope that you would have some kin left." You say.
"While I am quite fond of this place, they were not my kin. I was simply a protector. My clan was slain long ago, in the early days of Remnant's history." Hanzo says.
"How did you survive?"
"I didn't, I was killed that day whilst on a mission. Only in death did I find out the fate of my tribe. I was offered revenge by a sorcerer who granted me the hellspawn powers that you saw. Very recently was I freed from her grasp, when she decided I was no longer of use to her. While I have regained my free will, I am still a wraith. I also carry a hefty bounty on my head, as she was to dispose of my life when I was no longer of use to her." Hanzo explained.
"I take it you were able to run and hide out in this village?" You ask.
"Precisely. Ever since I stumbled upon this place I swore to protect it, as they protected me. Now that she had finally caught up to this village, I have lost whatever honor I had left."
Hanzo looks down in remorse at his still steaming tea. You can only imagine the loss he has felt, however you are still puzzled about the magic and sorcery he spoke of. However you had an idea, one that might be of help for Hanzo.
     "Why not reform your old clan?" You ask, shocking Hanzo.
"I... I never thought of that. All this time I've been trying to run from my demons the idea of reforming the Shirai Ryu never crossed my mind." The yellow clad ninja replies.
"You claim to have lost your honor, but I see otherwise. My master taught me not to live for their image, but for themselves. I do not know the loss you've been through but I can sympathize with the pain. And as I realized yesterday, now isn't the time for sympathy. Now is the time for action."
Hanzo's face loosens, a tear forming before gliding down his face. The hellspawn before you stands, bowing in respect.
"Thank you, (Y/N) (L/N). Your wisdom and the wisdom of your Master shall not fall under deaf ears." Hanzo says.
You struggle to get up, though eventually muster the strength to stand and bow back.
"Do what you must, Grandmaster Hanzo." You say before standing straight.
Once Hanzo straightens himself out you feel your scroll buzz, seeing Ruby calling you.
"Ruby, is everything okay?" You ask picking up.
"(Y/N)! Grimm invasion in Vale! Come as soon as possible!" She says before hanging up.
You text your pilot, letting him know that you need to be picked up at your location before attempting to walk out of the room. Unfortunately you are still in too weak of a state and collapse after a few steps.
"Let me help you (Y/N), I shall assist you in defending Vale from the Grimm." Hanzo says helping you up.
"I'll need something more than pants to wear." You say.
"I can handle that." Hanzo replies.