4

Arabella's POV:

In the blink of an eye, Friday had rolled around, the day of the party, my first in Beacon Hills.

I wandered into my living room, taking a bite into the toast I had just made. It tasted gorgeous as I internally thanked myself for finally food shopping the day before. The spell I had chosen to practice today was a spell to mask my werewolf scent, I know, definitley a spell that was long overdue to learn.

Although I knew Scott was a werewolf, I hadn't shared my intel with anyone, Stiles was oblivious to the fact I knew anything about the supernatural at all. In a way I admired that he hadn't told me, almost 'protecting' me from that world in his own little way.

Kind of ironic that me and Hope are literally the most powerful creatures on Earth huh?

Part of the reason I had chosen the masking spell was because I knew there was another one of our kind somewhere, the one who bit Scott, not to mention the possibility of others. I knew Scott could have already pinpointed my scent and exposed me to his best friend, yet I felt confident in the theory that being newly turned, he hadn't mastered identifying scents quite so soon.

Pulling me from my train of thought, my phone buzzed by my side.

Stiles :)

Hey! what's your address? I'll be there at 7:30 :)

I was quick to reply, giving him my address so he could pick me up in his blue jeep. He was fully aware I had now collected my car and was perfectly capable of driving myself, but he had insisted on taking me instead.

I facetimed D telling her about the party before jumping in the shower listening to Taylor Swift through my waterproof speaker.

Drying my hair, I had decided to wear makeup, a fierce pink cut crease on my eyelids with the perfect winged liner and lashes to match. I curled my hair, styling it slightly being careful not to over do it and show up completely over dressed.

I checked my phone, 7:20pm before slipping into my beautiful rose gold dress that hugged my curves in all the right places. I paired it with a white heel and white shoulder bag before heading out of the door.

For some reason, my breathe hitched in my throat as I stepped out of the building towards the jeep as Stiles lifted his head to meet my gaze.

His eyes widened as he caught sight of me, a faint blush gracing both of our faces before he jumped out of the car, opening the passanger side door for me.

"What a gentleman" I joked, causing a small chuckle to escape his lips as he climbed back in behind the wheel. He wore a grey blazer with pink-ish dress shirt beneath and honestly, he pulled it off.

Although I hadn't been in Beacon Hills very long, I had developed close friendships with both Allison and Lydia, a somewhat friendship with Jackson and a bond with Stiles. Since the night I bumped into him, Stiles and I have texted daily, engaging in the most random yet enjoyable conversations, I was definitely grateful for him so far. Scott was a different story, we hadn't exchanged a word since that first night, only a few knowing glances. He wasn't intimidating my any means, nor where we on bad terms, we had just never discussed anything, I'd heard about him from Allison and Stiles, watched them practice, but that was it.

The car ride to the party was shorter than I expected, we talked about our familes on the drive, I had learnt he lived alone with his father after his mothers passing, who happened to be the Sherrif, and although he was an only child, Scott was like a brother to him.

Avoiding obvious details I had a feeling I would have to explain at some point in time, I told Stiles about Hope back in Mystic Falls, and a little about our family. I avoided suspicious details, mainly explaining my close relationship with D and Bex as if they were sisters rather than aunts. It felt nice to tell someone the truth, even though there were huge pieces of infomation missing, I felt I could already trust him.