27

3rd Person:

"That's it. I'm going to kill him." Arabella seethed through gritten teeth. He didn't even allow them to explain, he just, hung up.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Derek called out, as if he had been any help whatsoever today.

"Get my phone!" she shouted, gesturing to the jacket scrunched up at the side of the pool.

"Oh you are not trying that again." Derek scolded, death glaring the two of them.

"I can try get a hold of Hope, if she gets here in time, she can probably fight it off with her magic."

Stiles nodded frantically, his legs kicking furiously beneath the waters surface, desperately trying to keep him up.

"Yeah, if. We could just wait for the paralytic to wear off." Derek added, still utterly limp as the pair held onto him like a bloody pool float.

"No offence Derek, but we've been here way too long already and you can't move yet. Unless you miraculously start swimming in the next two minutes, I don't think thats going to happen!" Stiles chimed in, knowing he was exhausted. "I'll try hold him up, you go!"

Ari unlatched her arm from the sour wolf, swimming over to the side as she watched Stiles struggle ever so slightly.

"Try!? Try? No you will keep me up or so help me God-" Derek threatened, cut off as his head bobbed under the water. "Stiles!"

Reaching the edge in a matter of seconds, she dug through her pocket quickly. One missed call from Scott, that's odd.

After a single ring, she answered. "Bella what's wrong?"

Catching her breath slightly, she replied "Big reptile monster..thing. We..we're at the school swi-" That was all she managed to pant out before the line went dead, the phone screen emitting a glow before it turned black.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" she asked allowed in complete frustration, swimming back over to the bickering pair in the middle of the pool. The two were arguing, bobbing eachother's heads underwater the whole time.

"Did you get her?" Stiles asked hopefully as Bella wrapped one of Derek's lifeless arms around her shoulders.

"It cut off before I could tell her where we were." she panted shaking my head, recieving groans of frustration from the boys next to her.

"I-I can't stay up any longer. I need something to hold on to." Stiles panted out, gesturing to a little diving board as they tried to make our way over to it, though put it this way, they certainly wouldn't break any world records at this pace.

Stiles' head slipped under, before Arabella could even react, a hand reached down, yanking both of the people beside her from the water, throwing them on the ground. Scott.

In his werewolf form, the boy reached out a hand, pulling the girl out before he was tackled by the reptilian beast. She stood back a second, taking in the sight. It was coated in an awful skin of juniper scales. It's tale swung tauntingly, back and forth like a pendulam, before it pounched at the beta, throwing him into a glass mirror.

"Are you okay?" she asked, cupping Stiles face in my hand. All he could do was nod in response, still trying to regain a regular breathing pattern. "Oh thank God." she muttered, engulfing him in a hug which he gratefully returned.

To their right, Derek had finally began to gain some feeling in his limbs, gripping on to a diving board for dear life. The beast itself watched the McCall boy as he picked up a broken shard from the mirror, originally intending it to be a weapon. It stared at its own reflection, perplexed before scaling the walls and making a dramatic exit through the glass ceiling. Glass was now everywhere.