26

3rd Person:

"You were right. It's not like you." Stiles spoke out, now sat in the car with Scott. Bella and Hope were listening to the conversation through Scott's phone, on his way to pick up his best friend, the beta had called the pair, leaving them on speaker so they could all figure out what was going on. "I mean, its eyes were almost, like, reptilian."

Back at home, the Mikaelson sisters shared a look, both of them trying to process the human boy's words.

"But there was something about them."

"What do you mean?" Ari asked down the phone, trying to make her voice sweet to avoid throwing the boy off.

He hesitated before replying. "You know when you see, like, a friend in a halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you feel like you know em, but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?" The McCall boy asked.

"No. But I think it knew me."

Saying their goodbyes, the young girls hung up the phone, Hope turning to her ever so slightly younger sister, "At this rate you're going to have more supernatural friends here then back home." She muttered attoning to the fact they attended a fully supernatural school, making the younger roll her eyes.

For once, Bella had decided to study, allowing Hope to do whatever she pleased as she crammed some random Chemistry books.

---

For some odd reason, Stiles and Scott had both chosen to take a seat at the bottom of some stairs, connecting two hallways throughout the school. It was quite an inconvinient place to take rest, but they didn't seem to care nonetheless. No one around them questioning their behavior, the two had always been a little...weird.

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying." Stiles said as he bore into his best friends eyes, gesturing to his chest to mock a sincere nature. "We'll get through this. Uh...I know, because I love you."

The McCall boy smiled at his best friend's soft side, his eyes lighting up. Only for it to be ruined seconds later.

"I love you more than- Oh my God! I can't- You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

"Come on!" Scott encouraged, desperately looking for any kind of advice. "You're the only one that we can trust. Well, besides Ari but that's not the point. Is she coming to the game tonight?" his eyes sharing that same little sparkle everytime he talked about the young Argent.

"Yes, okay? Message complete. All right now tell me about your boss."

Scott looked at the boy, leaning in ever so slightly. "Well, he met Hope, her and Ari kinda explained who they were. But the main thing, he thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things they've hunted. Like a book."

"He probably means a bestiary." Stiles suggested, as if he had found the perfect solution.

"A what?"

"A bestiary." He reiterated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Scott began to laugh, looking at the boy as if questioning him. "I think you mean bestiality."

Both of them stayed silent for a second, the McCall boy becoing less amused as he realised he had gotten the complete wrong idea.

"Nope. Pretty sure I don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

The boy with a crooked jaw looked at his best friend in disbelief. "How am I the only one who doesn't seem to know anything about this stuff?"

"Okay, you know, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night. And one of our other best friends, the girl I really like, also happens to be one. More than one, actually- anyway. It's kind of like a priority of mine."