12

Arabella's POV:

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked Stiles from behind him, recieving nothing but a cold silence in response.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise right?-"

"Scott, the Sherriff's okay, but by the looks of it you might wanna save your breath right now. He's pretty stubborn." I teased looking between them.

"You both know I feel really bad about it right?"

"Okay" the werewolf huffed. "What if I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and..that I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you" Stiles finally chirped, determinded to stand his ground.

"I mean, I don't think Derek's the bad guy right now. He's probably one of the main reasons the alpha hasn't managed to properly get to Scott yet. But I agree it wasn't an ideal move" I looked between the boys before my eyes rested on Scott's stare. "Oh come on I could have literally called up my mum, told her everything and she'd have him gone and Scott in control faster than Stiles can eat a portion of curly fries."

Both of them laughed before Stiles gave in, turning around. "What did he say?"

Scott spend the rest of the class explaining what Derek had told him, along with something about staying away from Ally, an idea I understood but wasn't particularly fond of. Especially since she wouldn't have a reason for his sudden absense.

---

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen. 'A quadruped wolf like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people becoming so infamous that king Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." Allison explained as me and Lydia tucked into our lunch.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if my dad knew the guy back in the day, could have even been friends. Alllison was tapping into her family's history, something to do with a history project, though it wouldn't hurt to get a little more info on the Argents.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messanger of satan." The likely-hood of Dad knowing this beast seeming more and more likely as the description went on. "Hm. Still boring" Lydia added as I nudged her shoulder.

"Go on Ally, I'm listening." I piped up as the brunette continued, basically explaining how people thought it was a shape shifter and her anscestors were the ones to take it down.

"Your anscestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at the picture" Allison held up the book.

"I don't know, a werewolf? If they were real anyway" I answered as Lydia stared. "It looks like a big wolf. See you in history." she finished before walking away as me and Allison continued to talk. It was clear to me the image had triggered a memory, but I kept my thoughts to myself.

Not even ten minutes later, I watched Allison chase after Scott as soon as she caught site of him, although he disappeared down the corridor before she could reach him. She wanted answers and I honestly didn't blame her, ignroing her without an excuse was a dick move from Scott, even if I knew why he did it.

"Hey Belle" Stiles called from behind me, a hand on my shoulder as I turned to face him. "I have a plan to help Scott with control, you wanna come?"

"Nothing better to do" I shrugged before noticing how he didn't move. "What's the catch?"

"Well we sort of need to break into Coaches office and steal a heart rate monitor. But that's not why I asked you to come- oh god please don't think I'm using you for something-"