24

Arabella's POV:

After about 15 minutes of Stiles messing around with plyers and bolt cutters, I was chain free. And completely entertained, might I add. The two of us could barely take the action seriously, he was so adorably focused, making me errupt in laughter every time his hands fumbled.

Rubbing my wrist, the last of the metal dropped to the ground, a huge smirk appearing on my face. "Finally!" Stiles exclaimed with a brief chuckle, pulling me into an embrace that I gladly accepted.

I let out a sigh, my head nuzzled against his chest, his hand soothingly playing with the curls of my hair. His chin resided on the top of my head as we relished in the peace of the moment.

"Y'know, we missed you. Like, a lot. I thought you were ignoring me until I found out you hadn't spoken to anyone else." He chuckled, pulling away as the two of us sat on the edge my bed. "What actually happened?" He asked softly, curious, but clearly not wanting to disrupt me emotionally.

Shrugging my shoulders I replied. "I was leaving the store when the ambushed me. It caught me off guard, they injected a bunch of wolfsbane and vervain into my system, then it went black. I would have fought when I woke up, but I was chained up and given more herbs to keep me weak. Those shackles? Spelled with dark magic, they prevent the person from harnessing or using any magic at all, pain in the ass to be honest. I don't even know where they got them, dark objects aren't easy to come by. I was in and out of consiousness the whole time, practically a punching bag and target practice for three days, then you know the rest."

Stiles' eyebrows were raised, once again stunned at how unfazed I appeared. "Jesus Bella. I'm glad you're okay, I think your aunts may have killed me if you weren't. Nothing big happened whilst you were gone, Erica had a seizure in PE, everything else was..well normal. We were all worried though, even Coach asked about you, said he missed you or something." He finished, rolling his eyes slightly as he finished the last part of his sentence with a playful tone.

"Of course he did, I'm the favourite." I said with a wink, getting up as I seethed slightly. I felt an ache, literally all over, a few open wounds grazing my features, although all the shallow cuts had healed. "I'm gonna jump in the shower. Spare clothes are in the closet if you want to change, you're more than welcome to stay."

After a quick, but sure as hell relaxing shower, I stepped into my towel, using another to remove the dampness from my hair as it fell into its natural tight-wavy texture. Slipping on a pair of shorts and a cropped tank top, I stepped out of the bathroom, steam escaping along with me as I walked into the kitchen.

"You staying?" I called out from behind the kitchen counter, a yawn escaping my lips right after. A moment later, Stiles emerged from the door frame in some fresh clothes. "Uh- Yeah. If that's okay with you. I- I told my dad I'm spending the night at Scott's place, school and all."

"Sure, that's fine. How'd you know to bring vervain?" I asked curiously, pouring a hot chocolate for the two of us as we sat at the counter together.

Scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, he replied, "I- uh, I didn't. I might have maybe panicked earlier today and visited hoping you might, I don't know appear? You didn't, obviously, I went into your magic room and I saw those jars, heard your howl and I panicked. I bagged them and went to get Scott and Allison, I didn't really process what it was until Scott told me to get some of it in the woods."

"Guess I should count it a lucky coincidence, huh?" I quirked as he took a sip of his drink. "It's kind of adorable you missed me so much though."

The pair of us continued to chat until our mugs were empty, checking the time, 11:45pm and we have school tomorrow. I'm entirely too tired to complain right now.