11

Arabella's POV:

"Bye Sweetheart, stay safe." My dad finished as I hung up the phone, making my way into the video store.

"Can somebody help me find the notebook?" A voice asked as I turned the aisle to see the lacrosse captain stood with a look of impatience. I had originally come to rent a star wars movie, nerdy I know, but I was way too bored to care. "Hello? is anybody working here?"

"Jackson?" I called out to the boy, "Oh hey Ari, Do you know where the notebook is? Not my choice obviously, Lydia's making me watch it again." He rolled his eyes.

"Sure, its probably over by the romance" I responded as we began walking down the aisles. "Is that..someone's feet?"

"Oh my god." I muttered as we turned the corner to be greeted by the bloody corpse of a worker. His eyes sported a cold glare, his throat clearly ripped open. "What the fuck" The jock responded, backing up and bumping into a ladder.

Of course with my luck, the lights began flickering. I was not feeling this horror movie bullshit tonight.

We turned around investigating the sound of a low growl a few meters behind us, only to be greeted by a pair of glowing red eyes. I was right, there has to have been another werewolf, and he was staring right at us.

"Get down!" I warned before taking shelter crouched beside one of the aisles. I raised my finger to my lips as my 'friend' locked his franctic gaze with mine, alerting him to stay quiet.

Suddenly, the aisles began falling onto eachother, a domino effect. I tried to reach for Jackson's arm, but it was too late, the shelf had already fallen on top of his legs rendering him unable to escape.

Shit.

Before I could move to help him, the beast made its way to the petrified boy, reaching for his collar pulling it back gently. What is it doing? I thought before backing away slightly.

Jackson's breathing grew heavier as I moved out of his line of sight. Now was not the time to be caught.

I raised my arm, determined as I popped the blood vessels in the beasts brain one by one. It screeched in pain before sprinting away, darting through the glass window by the entrance.

I took the oppertunity to pull the shelf up off of Jackson's legs, scrunching my face to avoid any suspicions of my supernatural strength. "Okay, we're okay. Are you hurt?" I asked, pulling him to his feet.

"Uh- fine. Thanks by the way. You handled that like it was normal." He replied before we walked out of the building, a traumatised Lydia in the passanger seat of Jackson's car.

---

Sat on the back of one of the ambulances, I watched the Sherrif's car approach the scene, my favourite sarcasitc brunette scanning the area as his dad got out of the car. The elder walked up to Jackson. "I hear ya, but the MT said you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion."

"What part of I'm fine are you having a problem grasping.." Jackson began ranting. I was sat only a few feet away, although I'd already been briefed on my check up before hand.

"Arabella?! Oh my god" A familiar voice called, I turned watching the Stilinski boy speed over to me. He immediately wrapped me in his embrace, his grip so tight anyone would think he was scared I was going to disappear. I coiled my hands around his neck, mirroring the strength of his grip. We stayed there for a minute, enjoying each other's company, thankful the other one was safe. And that's exactly how he made me feel, safe.