29

3rd Person:

"Are you sure no one will see us? You know you can't blow your cover." Hope queried, slightly anxious as she tied a piece of ribbon around the tree trunk, marking it. Her sister, covering a bag of clothes with leaves from the forrest floor, an attempt to camouflage them.

"Come on Hopeee, be a little reckless with me for once. We're deep in the reserve, it's not a full moon, plus the Argent's are entirely two focussed on Derek and Jackson right now."

Furrowing her eyebrows, the elder Mikaelson contemplated for a second before nodding her head, choosing to trust her sister's idea.

With an excited smile, Bella sent her sister a nod, "You ready?"

Flashback:

"AH!" Arabella cried out in agony, dropping to her knees as the bones in her right arm began to contort completely.

One by one, each and every bone began to dismantle, rearranging within her body as her wolf began to break through. "Dad, it hurts!"

"I know sweetheart." The original replied, crouching down in front of her as he tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "Hey, hey look at me."

Complying, Bella lifted her head, eyes glowing an iridescent amber as she focused on her father. His hand stroked the side of her cheek affectionately, he hated seeing her in any kind of pain. "Dad?"

"You're doing so well. You need to concentrate on the air in your lungs, steady your breathing. Focus on the ground beneath you. The first time could take hours-"

"Hours?!" The younger interrupted, continuing to groan as she writhed in pain.

"If you fight it. The pain will make you want to delay because you think that's all you can take, but if you let it in. If you allow it to swallow you whole. Then it cannot break you."

Taking deep, heavy breaths, the tribrid kept her eyes on her father, trying to keep some sort of composure as she followed his advice.

Klaus was determined to do this the right way. He loved his daughters more than anything, and he would ensure his beautiful Belle would receive the right guidance during her first transition. The guidance he was never given. The support he wish he had.

"I don't think I can do this alone." She panted, eyes back on the ground as her head began to throb, all kinds of pain swarming her nerves.

Pursing his lips, he put a hand to her shoulder as he replied. "I'm here, sweetheart. I'll be right here, we can do this together if you'd like."

All she could muster was a slight hum and a muffled whisper, her spine beginning to leap out of her skin. "I can do this."

"And when you're done. Roam wild and free. I'm right behind you." She lifted her eyes to meet her father's once again, admiration in his eyes as he stroked her cheek, planting a kiss on her forehead as he moved to stand. "I am so proud of you."

Enduring the transition for a couple minutes longer, Bella finally took her form, luscious strands of black and white fur coating her. Her clothes? ripped to smithereens as they formed a mis-matched blanket across the floor.

Gazing up at the elder Mikaelson, he wore a proud smile, sending his daughter a nod as he took off his leather jacket, folding it on the floor, intending to keep his word.

The feeling was euphoric, paws pattering against the woodland floor with all kinds of sensations. Pale moonlight beaming through canopies of trees as she weaved through the mahogany trunks. Cool wind combing through her fur coat, providing a refreshing rush as she darted along.