5

Arabella's POV:

The weekend was suprisingly calm, I spent my saturday facetiming D after sleeping in till the afternoon. 

I confessed everything, from the night I arrived in Beacon Hills to last nights events, I didn't miss a detail. I knew she would keep my discoveries to herself, we' d always shared everything with eachother, vowing never to tell another soul.

We talked about anything and everything for hours as I promised to introduce her to Allison and Lydia as soon as possible. Of course, being the angel she is, aunt Davina gave me advice on what do to with Stiles and Scott regarding my truth.

I hadn't known them long but somehow, I knew I could trust them. Lying would only strain whatever friendships we had formed, delaying the inevitable truth. God this is not what I expected, I hadn't even been in town a month and was already going to compromise my identity, well done Arabella.

Whilst the rest of my saturday consisted of a twilight marathon, I practiced my magic learning a variaty of spells, my favourite being a projection spell I would most definitely be testing sometime soon.

Sunday was dull, I studied at Allison's place before returning home basking in tranquility as my paint brush glossed over the canvas of my latest project.

---

Collecting a text book from my locker, I started strolling towards the library during my free period. Despite the urge to procrastinate, I was gonna study before my next class. How exhilerating.

I passed the boys locker room when my ears perked at what sounded like a growl emitting from inside. Then it hit me. Scott.

I dashed into the room, my eyes falling on a distraught Stiles watching as his best friend lunged for an attack from above. Without a second thought, I slid in front of player 24, my shoulders broadening as I  prepared to shield my friend.

I centered my attention to the werewolf in front of us as I lifted my right hand in front of me. "Apné sà mene" I muttered, a boundary spell I had stumbled across in one of aunt Freya's old grimores.

I squeezed my eyes closed, preparing for an impact of slashing claws in the chance my spell was unsuccessful.

 A course hand grabbed mine, clutching it with a sense of both worry and comfort. Stiles stood behind me, his heart beating out of his chest as he kept his firm hold on me for a couple more seconds.

In response to a bitter growl, I opened my eyes to see a distressed, shifted Scott confined to the corner of the locker room banging on the boundary with a tightly packed fist.

Stiles' eyes widened as he released my hand, rushing towards a fire extinguisher, setting it off on the wolfs face.

"Stiles?" Scott questioned as the white cloud becan to disperse. "What happened?"

He had shifted back to normal, still restricted by my spell, Stiles and I exchanged a glance, "You tried to kill me. You tried to kill us. It's like I told you before; its the anger its your pulse rising its-"

"Its a trigger" I finished, helping him out as he strugggled to find the words. "but thats lacrosse, its a pretty violent game if you hadn't noticed-"

"Well its gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field." Stiles spoke authoritively, "If bella hadn't have stepped in you would have killed me Scott- thanks by the way" sending me a smile laced with gratitude. "The point is you can't play saturday you're gonna have to get out of the game"