Chapter 16- 1001

Just a few Notes

Gia is pronounced- Gee-aa

Thank you to @ivyeve111 for all the support. I love reading your comments.

Please vote and comment on chapters you all like so that I know what kind of things you like to read.

Enjoy xxx

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MUM!"

"Noah, I haven't seen you in 3 months. Let me have this."

"Fine, fine. Has the person coming to see The Illustrated man already been? I hope I haven't missed my chance of seeing it, just because I woke up late."

"As matter of fact you are just in time. I'm showing it to the client right now. But before we get to that why were you sleeping till so late?" Carmen asked eying Noah, suspiciously.

"Mum," he groaned.

"Fine. I promised your father I wouldn't meddle, last time I saw him."

"You spoke to dad. In England."

"Yes, no need to sound surprised. Just because we aren't together doesn't mean don't communicate. We have a child for god's sake."

"I'm twenty-eight. I just ask because your inner American would hate that you sounded British for a second then."

"Still a child to me." She waved him off.

Noah sighed. "The book, your client."

"Oh yes. Come on."

As Carmen and Noah got closer to the room Noah eyebrows shifted in recognition.

"Dr Spencer Reid?"

"Yes," Spencer politely smiled back. He felt at a disadvantage because he only knew Noah's name through conversation. They had never formally been introduced.

"I'm Noah Williams..."

"Yeah, I know, great to see you again."

"You know each other," Carmen pressed.

"Dr Reid is teaching at the university this term." Noah answered his mother, before turning to Spencer again. "How do you not look like death, you guys left the bar after us."

Spencer shifted uncomfortably in his spot under the gaze of Carmen and Mr Colby.

"Spencer doesn't need much sleep to function. His three hours of sleep is equivalent to the average person's nine hours." A familiar voice echoed outside of the glass room and drew closer and closer.

"Gia," Spencer said out loud as Mr Colby opened the door for her.

"Spencer," she mimicked. Without realising she looked him up and down. "Back to the original uniform I see." Spencer looked down at his own attire. "I hope I get to see your other look again sometime." Spencer's face started turning red. He thought Gia realised because she immediately felt embarrassed at what she had said to and directed her attention elsewhere.

"Mr Colby." Her arms extended in front of her, Mr Colby pushed them open wider and hugged her.

"I'm glad you could make it."

"My turn," Carmen concluded, as she also hugged Gia. "You know I always liked you. You persuaded my son to leave England for a bit and come experience the States. But I have a bone to pick. I still don't see him enough."