Chapter 44- Decipher

"Reid, what have you got?" Hotch stipulated.

"Juncture," he announced.

"Huh?" Derek narrowed his eyes, trying to decipher what Spencer was saying.

"Juncture is a synonym for a meeting. The numbers must be coordinates." Spencer scanned over the passage once more. "Rise to forty. Point to the 7132 molecules. That must be the longitude." Spencer's eyes glazed over in realisation. "Garcia check these coordinates for me." Penelope jumped to action. Spencer elaborated. "40.7132° N, 74.0119° W."

Spencer waited to her Penelope's response. "7 World Trade Centre," she broadcasted.

"List of tenants," Hotch asked.

"This list is long sir," Penelope sighed, but she began rattling off the list anyhow. "Salomon Smith Barney, American Express, ITT Hartford Insurance, Standard Chartered Bank, Securities and Exchange Commissioners..."

Spencer took over the list, as he ran through it from memory. "The IRS, Secrete Service, New York City Office of Emergency Management, National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Federal Home Loan Bank, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Department of Defence and CIA. Most recently a floor has been occupied by The New York Academy of Sciences."

The team had been quite allowing Spencer to concentrate. "You think they are doing this right under law enforcement's noses." Derek got off his seat.

Penelope interrupted before Spencer could comment, "The Academy is holding it's Annual Gala on the 5th. Everyone from celebrities to politicians to Nobel prize winners are attending."

"Of course, the day of the gold rings. 5 gold rings. The 5th is in two days." Spencer whispered to himself.

"Do we go now?" Rossi wandered out loud.

"No," Hotch regretfully informs them. "This is all just a theory. We need more. The judge will never give us a warrant without probable cause. We have to consider that the coordinates may be a distraction." Hotch loosened his tie as he thought about his next move. "Prentiss and JJ, visit the 7 World Trade Centre, just scout the building. If we put the building under surveillance, we might notice if anything strange is happening. Rossi, you have a contact at the CIA, can you see if they know anything about this cult. Morgan, coordinate with first response. If things go bad, we need to be a step ahead. Reid let's see if we can get more information about the gala... Reid." Spencer wasn't paying attention to Hotch.

"Reid," Hotch repeated.

"I already have an invite," Spencer murmured.

Everyone froze. "Huh?"

"I was invited to the gala. I didn't RSVP, but I still have an open invite."

"How did you get an invite?" JJ redundantly asked.

"Not sure exactly." Spencer downplayed.

"No, if Reid's theory is right. They invited people they want to be part of their new order to the gala. Not everyone attending must know what is happening, but they needed a cover to hold the live IPO. So, they throw a party. Sweeten up the people they are going to allow to live and sell shares to those with eviler intentions," Rossi waved his hands around.

"So, what exactly is plan?" Derek clarified.

"I'm going to that gala." Spencer swiftly exited the room.