Chapter 31- Reunion

The team boarded the jet.

Spencer had managed to evade JJ since she had shown up at his door.

Derek sat beside Spencer. He nudged Spencer one Hotch had divided up tasks for them to conduct one they landed. "I need a player for the unit baseball team. See you hit a homerun last time. You in?"

"Err. Definitely not." Spencer declared. He chuckled at the thought.

"Come on Pretty Boy. Your team needs you." Derek playfully punched Spencer's arm.

"I can't I'm busy that weekend." Spencer rubbed his arm, wincing slightly.

"Kid. Are you serious? You have plans." Derek raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

"Yes. Believe it or not I do."

"Fine, I'll bite. What's got you busy?" Derek folded his arms across his chest and sat more comfortably in his seat.

"I'm going to be in California." Spencer shrugged his shoulder and went back to reading his file.

"You're going?" JJ's head shot up for the couch.

"Am I missing something here?" Derek asked, looking from Spencer to JJ.

JJ ignored Derek, instead directing her question to Spencer. "What made you change your mind?"

"I didn't say that I wasn't going." Spencer said in defence.

"Okay what's going on," Derek intervened in the stare off.

"Spence has decided to attend his is Alma matter reunion." JJ response was cold and calculated, as she tried to gauge Spencer's reaction.

"You have?" Emily placed her Rubix cube down on the table.

"Yes. Why is everyone so shocked?" Spencer shook his head in disbelief.

"You said you didn't think you were going?" JJ proclaimed.

"I think this is great." Derek added. Spencer's had snapped towards him, rapidly blinking in confusion. "Have fun."

"You're going to let it go just like that." Spencer was surprised by Derek's response.

Derek shrugged nonchalantly.